[WRITING] Miscellanea's Misbegotten Daughter (c)

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: Miscellanea's Misbegotten Daughter (c)

Post by PharaohAtem » 03 Jul 2019, 00:38

Expendable has a brain for this stuff, they always come up with something interesting.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 03 Jul 2019, 04:01

[mention=20855]Naughty Kitty[/mention]
[mention=717]PharaohAtem[/mention]

Posted in RN, some changes.

showthread.php?122640-OOC-Vagabond-Trad ... sted-by-Ex)

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 03 Jul 2019, 07:22

yup, gotta give people some ideas of the weapons people walk around with in this. There is also a tech application so people can suggest gear.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 05 Jul 2019, 07:32

working on others. Coming up with manufacturers isn't easy.

So far I've got:

• Callahan
  • Ross Firearms
  • Christmas Knives
  • Yang Metal Industry
  • Jensen Cutlery
  • Church Ordnance
  • Mauser Tactical

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 10 Jul 2019, 00:57

Naughty Kitty wrote:Very creative what about personal protection, armor, shields and so on?

I can see body armor for a game like this. Not likely these guys will be using shields.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Jul 2019, 03:35

Christmas Knives? Sounds dangerouse

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 10 Jul 2019, 22:59

PharaohAtem wrote:Christmas Knives? Sounds dangerouse
Ack! A cutting remark! hehe

I suppose it could be like Christmas Metals. What do you think would sound better? Christmas Cutlery sorta gives the wrong impression.

Naughty Kitty wrote:Sorry I meant more like energy shields although some modern police and armys use blast shields on occasion, more SWAT teams from what I've seen.

It's a possibility. I think I'll be expanding on my prop catalog for the next game.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 11 Jul 2019, 01:24

If this was taking place on a Terran Federation warship, sure. An unarmed civilian colonial cargo ship scraping a living on the edge of explored space won't have body armor for the crew unless they hijack a shipment or bought their own during better times. Certainly not any force field screens.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 11 Jul 2019, 02:13

Many of the cargo haulers are staffed by vets. The captain's a vet. Weapons were confiscated from the colonist militias at the end of the war, but there's no legal obstacle buying most weapons as long as they're not full automatic or explosives. Hand guns and blades were usually returned, and nobody gave much thought to the colonial militia's clam shell body armor.

Walking around with rpgs, full auto guns and grenades will get you unwanted attention in the Fed patrolled areas. I'm not saying they're not available, but you best have a good hiding spot for when they board. Unarmed ships don't do well against a Terran Federation battleship.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Jul 2019, 16:50

Expendable wrote:Ack! A cutting remark! hehe

I suppose it could be like Christmas Metals. What do you think would sound better? Christmas Cutlery sorta gives the wrong impression.

It's a possibility. I think I'll be expanding on my prop catalog for the next game.

You could say Christmas Metals, but Christmas Knives is better.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 20 Jul 2019, 00:59

Samizdat

Spoiler:  

This is a role playing game. Players create imaginary characters whose role they assume in a fictional adventure setting.

One player will be the Game Master or GM. It is their job to referee the game; advising players about the setting, supervising dice rolls and explaining the results of any skill challenges that the player's characters are currently performing. The GM may be using a published adventure or one that they created.

Samizdat uses a very simple mechanic for determining the results of skill challenges. Each skill is linked to an attribute of the character, such as strength or intelligence. Adding together the skill level with the attribute creates a target number. The GM then applies any bonuses or penalties to create a modified target number; then the player rolls two six-sixed dice. If the results of the dice are equal to or less than the target number, the character's skill challenge was successful. A roll of 12 is automatic failure.

Spoiler:  

Samizdat does not uses classes - characters select an archetype that describes what drives them.

Avatars examples: Architect, Artist, Athlete, Casanova/Femme Fatale, Clown, Competitor, Dreamer, Gambler, Gallant, Hermit, Martyr, Mediator, Monk, Matriarch/Patriarch, Mystic, Nobody, Poet, Politician, Rebel, Sage, Seeker, Servant, Survivor, Warrior.

Spoiler:  

Essential attributes are rated from 1 (poor) to 5 (excell), with 3 being average. Each player gets 18 points to allot, each must be at least one point, no more than five point. Essential attributes are:
Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Consitution, Dexterity, Charisma
Health (hit points) is Consitution (+bonuses / -penalties)
  Spoiler:  
Talents & Perks are character advantages for the game, character gets a talent (a natural ability) and a perk (an earned ability). Perks are assigned by the Game Master. These are suggestions; others are possible.
When selecting Talents, Perks & Flaws, while they can compliment, they should never cancel each other out.
Talents: accute memory, alertness, ambidexterious, animal empathy, balance, barnstormer (see knack), common sense, diviner, green thumb, human compass, intuition, knack, linguist, luck, musical ability, natural tech (see knack), pain tolerance, psychic resistant, rapid healing, sharpshooter (knack), time sense, tough, voice, walking calculator.
Perks: appearance, clearance, clerical investment, combat reflexes, contacts, favors, good reputation, law enforcement powers, mentor, military rank, privileged upbringing, profession, resources, unusual device, wealth.
Flaws are character disadvantages, every character gets two flaws. GM can grant one extra perk for a really bad flaw.
Flaws: Absent-minded, addiction, amnesia†, bad reputation, blunt, bully, colorblind, combat paralysis, cowardice, creepy, curious, cursed, debt (financial or personal), dependent, delusional, deprived upbringing, dyslexic, eunuch, flashbacks, girl/guy magnet, handicap†, hemophiliac, honesty, horn dog, huge, lame, illiterate, illegitimate, impatient, impulsive, klepto, marked, megalomaniac, mistaken identity, miser, nemesis, nightmare, otaku (obsession), outcast, overconfident, overdeveloped, pain intolerant, paranoid, phobia, poor, pyromaniac, quixotic, secret, shy, small, speech impediment, split personality, stubborn, temper, ugly, underdeveloped, uneducated, unlucky, unusual background, vow, wanted, weak will, young (below 18)

Spoiler:  

Strength Class
Lifting - moving or lifting heavy objects, additional damage with strength-based weapons.
Resist Illness - bonus against sickness and poison
Running - ability to move swiftly, over and around obstacles while staying on your feet.
Swimming
Intelligence Class
Cultures - customs, traditions, art, history, politics, world view of a culture.
Devices - using complex mechanical devices
Healing - Treating wounds - cleaning, dressing, suturing, etc.
Investigate - gathering and analyzing data or clues.
Language - the ability to speak a different language. Automatically granted your native language as well as a common trade language (if it exists).
Literacy - the ability to read and write a different language. Automaticlly granted your native language as well as a common trade language as long as you do not have the illiteracy flaw.
Trading - business practices, exchange rates, and the value of goods and services.
Traps - ability to create, detect, and alter security devices.
Navigation - ability to determine your course using landmarks, stars, and maps. Can create maps.
Wisdom Class
Gambling
Resist Pain - the ability to continue despite injury or torture.
Consitution Class

Dexterity Class
Acrobatics
Charioteering
Lockpicking
Markmanship
Pilotry
Slight of Hand
Throwing

Charisma Class

Miscellaneous

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 21 Jul 2019, 03:00

Thank you! It's something I've been working on for a long time. Still filling this out.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 30 Jul 2019, 02:39

I think it's an interesting formula different.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 02 Aug 2019, 03:58

The idea was that some things still go over your head. If there's a skill you don't know, say you don't know how to swim, you might be able to manage something just by rolling your attribute score for strength. It won't be pretty, but at least you're not going to drown right away.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 10 Aug 2019, 02:52

still working on it, sadly.