The Art of Krayne

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

The Art of Krayne

Post by Krayne » 22 Oct 2012, 02:29

A collection of mostly 3D art, concept sketches, animations and tutorials.

Hey all, had a thread here many many years ago, and have been very busy since then, hardly a moment to myself what with university and then work and then trying to find better work.

Moving on, I have decided to make a new friend since I couldn't find me old one (must've been deleted cause it was so old hehe), unfortunately I have too much work to just post in one go, going to post maybe... 3... maybe more after a day or two.

Anyway, going to try and keep this thread active, once I have spare time in my extremely busy life, will also try to do some tutorials, I've already started recording myself doing all this work and have 1 video on youtube, with more to come.

Without further ado, here is my work :D

A 1950's Ambulance
Alien Head
Alien Body (minus the head... still working on that)

These are projects I am currently working on
Robot 1
Robot 2

One of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-LpSkRLndU&feature=plcp

So yea, hope those images aren't too big, critique as much as you want (and be critical :D ) and hopefully I'll get some tutorials out for all of ya.

PS, these were all done on the software Autodesk Maya (I am using the student package), if anyone is looking to do work like this, either get the Student version of Maya/3D Studio Max, or download Blender.
Blender is just as good as what I use, it used by professionals to make films and animations but its free, so definitely worth checking out

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: The Art of Krayne

Post by Expendable » 22 Oct 2012, 17:47

Wow! Everything is so amazing! I've been experimenting with MakeHuman but your aliens are wonderful! Your ambulance is incredible, but I don't see any breaks in the panel for the doors? I think your first robot has feet that are too small for a bipedal machine, considering his hands (lifting or pushing, I'd guess), but that may just be me.

As always, this is only my personal opinion, you may reject anything I've said.

Aeaka

Post by Aeaka » 22 Oct 2012, 19:17

Those are totally amazing!

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 23 Oct 2012, 05:13

@ Expendable Thanks for the feedback, and now that you mention it, that is an image before I added the doors properly hehe, same with the 1st robot. anyway come thursday I should have more up to date images.

@ Aekaka Your compliment is gratefully accepted, thanks :D

In the mean time, till I can show some more 3D work, here is a couple of concept/ random-doodles I have done lately.

Unknown Lands

Magician

Alien Loan Shark Partners

Dragon

Undead Creature (of some kind.... yet to give it a name)

I really need to start investing in a scanner... and work on my titling of work... hhmmm

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 01 Nov 2012, 12:43

Hello again! Nice to see you here, and it's especially nice to see your amazing art! Your 3D work, like [mention=17199]Expendable[/mention] said, is completely amazing. I love that you have light gleams and reflections in the paint job. The detail makes it all the more real.

I really love your magician drawing. What medium did you use for it and the others?

Please feel free to come post in our spam thread and get to know everyone!

http://www.animeleague.net/forum/showth ... -thread-XX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Expendable wrote:don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 02 Nov 2012, 21:15

Thank you, thank you very much, once I'm done with Assassins Creed and got it out of my system, I'm looking to do a few short video tutorials so people can try them too.
The Magician guy was done entirely on Photoshop, it's practically the first step in using a wacom tablet properly, all previous attempts were.... uncomfortable.
All the other drawings were pen on paper and then scanned in, photoshopped the colour.

:D

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 04 Nov 2012, 17:37

Video tutorials would be epic. =]
Expendable wrote:don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 06 Nov 2012, 19:43

Trying to come up with a really cool spaceship design that at the same time is simple enough to model (i.e basic shapes can be seen, cube, sphere, cylinder).

Anyway I have here some silhouettes that I quickly drew out (video is coming soon, once I have done a voiceover), anyone care to help decide which to develop further.

I'm hoping to get at least 3 choices from here to push further, add more detail and colour and then take onto doing my first 3D Modelling Tutorial.

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 17 Nov 2012, 19:10

Wow, those are really cool! Did you use any references, or did they all come from your head?

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 22 Nov 2012, 16:46

[mention=16632]Reine[/mention] Thanks, for Robot 1 I've been able to finish the rigging part of it (giving it virtual bones so it can animate :D ) Added a broad stroke of colour, will finish it later, but at least I can make some animations with it. Robot 2, I need to return to once I have time.

[mention=1782]Zen[/mention] The cars and Robot 1 were from reference, but everything else is from my imagination. Sometimes when I'm bored I just draw shapes and squiggles, or get someone else to do it.... then with a pen I start going over lines that interest me, until it looks like something :D

Been a slow week but here is some more work, mostly doodles :D

Rigged Robot

Minions

Tribal Elephant

Boxer

UpperLip Alien

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 22 Nov 2012, 17:43

Wow, I thought that robot was a picture of a figure! It looks so real! That's incredible.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 07 Dec 2012, 05:44

Today marks the start of my week holiday. Which means hopefully I'll have more work to show you guys :D .

First up is concept designs for a Tom and Jerry-esque animation idea I have. Only have 4 designs, but will be aiming to create 20 more and then get modelling and animating.
These designs need to have thin arms/legs, big noses, half-covered faces and very simple shapes. (in these, one is based on a triangle, one is rectangle, one is square and one is circle).

Any favourites yet?

Over the week, should be working on: Good vs Evil, Yellow Robot, Spaceship and doodles.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 08 Dec 2012, 19:48

hehe thanks, I originally drew these in static boring poses in my pocket sketchbook, decided to make them more interesting when I redrew them on Photoshop. Need to somehow make 20 more different shapes or just 5 variations on these four.
Mr handwriting use to be very very bad, to the extent I was made to attend a handwriting class after school when I was in college, just so teachers could read my work hehe. I still prefer to write in capitals though, I find it neater.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 11 Dec 2012, 15:16

Good news and bad news...

The good I have more "Good V Evil" Characters. 6 Done, just 14 more to do :D

The bad... the nib on my tablet pen and has worn down... will have to find a shop that sells more...

Anyway here they are, the linework isn't as clean as my last 4 but I still like them... I tried having skin colour for the skin and it just wasn't working, will keep them all white, adds to the effect I think.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 14 Dec 2012, 07:17

Thanks, I have had an amazing birthday this year, and all without the use of Alcohol which is a first in quite some time hehe
In related news.... You must watch The Hobbit :D

And in more related to the topic news... I've got a Hobbit inspired drawing I did, a sort of caricature of me finding the one ring... needs a bit of a cleanup and a Photoshop translation :D