The Art of Krayne

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Re: The Art of Krayne

Post by Krayne » 15 May 2016, 17:33

Thanks guys, I have more doodles as my 3D work is still being worked on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35385[/ATTACH]

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 16 May 2016, 01:31

I like the interesting face in the first one on the left, in the top right corner. Very nice! And the rider on the dinosaur beneath, very nice as well. Liked the detail bottom right with the patch.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 19 May 2016, 18:33

Thanks!

The detailed ones on the bottom right is actually heavily augmented father and son, not a patch. But I guess its hard to read in all that noise hehe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35428[/ATTACH]

Anrelia
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Anrelia » 20 May 2016, 21:15

More doodles! I really do find these interesting :rad: The style is simple but effected as a finished piece.

AnimeBrit
Standard Member
Canada

Achievements

Post by AnimeBrit » 21 May 2016, 09:38

Fantastic style on these! Great job.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 24 May 2016, 07:38

And another batch of doodles :D

I basically scribble randomly with a marker, than have fun trying to find shapes until it looks like a something... thats my whole method in a nutshell

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35480[/ATTACH]

Anrelia
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Anrelia » 11 Jun 2016, 19:26

Haha that's wonderful do you ever get some you just can't find anything in?

And the latest 4 are great again, knowing how you do it really shows how imaginative you are in a sense. :rad:

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 14 Mar 2018, 22:45

Yay! Back with some more doodles... although I'm rusty, so hopefully will be improving again :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50248[/ATTACH]

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Mar 2018, 23:44

Gots cool doodles there.

The last four are cool, they tell a story on their own. The first I was thinking of someone living the greatoutdoors maybe the forest per say.. The second looks like a welder going down to catch a bug, someone who has a soft heart underneath that welding armor. The third looks like more of an older person who can still rock the headphones. The last looks like a touch little kid or a mushroom guy from mario new style.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jigglypuff
Veteran Member

Post by Jigglypuff » 15 Mar 2018, 06:30

The two upper ones are really interesting to me. The left one because it is rare to see someone use that sort of position to draw a character - the right one, because the character design facinates me. Is that a welding mask on a man/monkey that has a tail?

I think something you might want to try when you're drawing hair is to try to keep the lines going only in one direction, like hair does. I can see in the one on the upper left side that you bring the pen up and down when drawing hair, making small ellipses with it at places, and I think that breaks the illusion a bit. It would also create more distinction between hair and the way you draw clothing.

Curious about the use of highlighter - why do you do that over the drawing? It's really unique, but also a bit baffling, since you so clearly go over the lines.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank your Jouro <3

[quote]Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell? :lol:
Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
Carue: if you like
Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
Carue: but you can have it
[/quote]

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 15 Mar 2018, 11:06

Thanks! Glad the drawings tell a little bit of story, makes me happy :D

All my doodles are usually quite rough, only get a chance to draw to and from work these days while on the bus.

The first character is supposed to be from behind, a woman with the left side shaved and the right side long, not much story with her, but the second one is an engineer monkey wearing a welders mask. Hes meant to be holding something but couldnt decide what so I left it (bothers me sometimes hehe) the third is someone I saw on the train and the fourth is anyones guess... not really sure where I was going...

Anyway, the reason for the highlighter is that I hate blank paper, so I scribble nonsensical lines and shapes and then draw over it, trying to make sense of it. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt and I rip the page out :D

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 15 Mar 2018, 11:10

Jigglypuff wrote:I think something you might want to try when you're drawing hair is to try to keep the lines going only in one direction, like hair does. I can see in the one on the upper left side that you bring the pen up and down when drawing hair, making small ellipses with it at places, and I think that breaks the illusion a bit. It would also create more distinction between hair and the way you draw clothing.

Thanks for the advice, im really messy when I sketch and often make weird errors like that. Working on it though :D

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 15 Mar 2018, 22:36

Some more doodles from my bus journey.
A Weird man with a paper hat and his one legged friend.
Wolf, dog... four legged buddy.
Bird being fed worms.
Wizard-Gator

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50295[/ATTACH]

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 15 Mar 2018, 22:46

Nice sketches! I love the dog and the Weird Man with a Paper Hat. I love the suggestion of shadow and the expressions!

Bird eating worms looks feathery, while the Wizard-croc has an interesting belly.

Jigglypuff
Veteran Member

Post by Jigglypuff » 16 Mar 2018, 05:22

Ohhh I love the bird and the wizard-gator. The design is awesome on both, somehow really 'fun'. Love how the wizard's hat is like straight from Sorcerer's Apprentice, the one that Mickey has in it - and even better, it's kinda tilted and on the gator's eyes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank your Jouro <3

[quote]Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell? :lol:
Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
Carue: if you like
Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
Carue: but you can have it
[/quote]