The Art of Krayne

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: The Art of Krayne

Post by Expendable » 06 Apr 2013, 06:41

[mention=11853]Krayne[/mention] - I like the ball-of-clay idea that Blender uses, taking basic primatives, working and combining them into the shapes you need. and the idea of the background pic.

What a difference between the two! Your texturing looks great already.

PocketMouse
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by PocketMouse » 06 Apr 2013, 06:43

Edit your post, click to go advanced, and there should be a "manage attachments" option. And you're welcomed for the compliment, thank you for the compliment in return. :awesome:
[SIGPIC]It's funny how I'm not wrong...[/SIGPIC]
~| My Drawings | Read My Book | Vel's GFX | My Crafts |~

Anni
Veteran Member

Achievements

Post by Anni » 06 Apr 2013, 08:35

Amazing! I love the blue and red lights, this new stuff is really cool :)

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 06 Apr 2013, 18:24

Wooooow, Krayne, you're really good with that! They look so realistic, and the texturing is amazing! How long did it take you to create the whole thing? Did you start from scratch or did you have a base model?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Expendable wrote:don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 09 Apr 2013, 04:42

Thanks guys and girls, here is another update

Continuing on from where I left off, I have began texturing the Pod Racer. This has helped me learn how to use the slate editor, and get familiar with a lot of the different materials available and all their different attributes. Some were as simple as dragging onto the object and changing the colour and a few bits and bobs. Obviously once I get more use to the software I will be creating much more complex materials.

Anyway, still far from done, I still need to texture the pipes, wires, buttons and the bits and bobs. Maybe add a little bit more detail to the bodywork, only a little though, too much detail can ruin the design.

@Valveeta By the way, when I go to Manage Attachments it is an empty window... for some reason...

[mention=1782]Zen[/mention] To make the model, maybe 2 nights of 4-5 hours each. I'm still getting use to this software so that is pretty slow by industry standards. In the other software I use (Maya) it would probably take me 2-3 hours for the whole thing, maybe less :D

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 09 Apr 2013, 17:04

Wooooow, the light gleams on those are so amazing! It looks real!
Expendable wrote:don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 10 Apr 2013, 06:27

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16790[/ATTACH]

Told ya I haven't forgotten about this little guy :D

Remember the Good vs Evil characters I have been working on. Well since I had been occupied with my Pod Racer I felt guilty for leaving this on standby, especially since the fix that it needed was such a minor one.
Anyway, I have fixed the seams by redoing the UVMapping, and changed up the textures and... I'm stuck again.
I have a realistic cartoon style with good skin and solid clothes, or a stylized cell shaded approach. While I wait for opinions and to make my own mind up, I will be learning how to make his beautiful, bouncy hair.
Just as I didn't forget about this project, I shall not forget about my Pod Racer either.

PocketMouse
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by PocketMouse » 10 Apr 2013, 15:00

Wow again! The podracer is amazing, and the little guy looks like I could reach out and touch him! The sweater, in particular, is perfect, and the shine on the shoes is just right.

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 10 Apr 2013, 21:48

I'm with Vel on this one. Your work is soooooo good. Seriously, I'm impressed. I really love this latest character design. The jumper is so cute, and it does a great job of illustrating your whole good-versus-evil concept.

Amazing work!

Ioreth
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ioreth » 11 Apr 2013, 04:28

Wow! Why have I not noticed this thread before? Such neat 3D artwork, Krayne. I can tell you are very skilled at it. Those models are quite impressive! Zen mentioned the gleams on the latest one, and that was something I'd immediately noticed, myself. Great attention to detail, especially with all the different textures. Can't wait to see more~ What made me even happier was the poem on that last page... so well-written! Have you posted it in L&W before? It sounds familiar to me. Anyways, I loved it! Oh, and your characters look rather interesting! Will be nice to see how the hair turns out. Also, with regards to attachments, I have trouble managing them too. Actually, I can't do it at all. A major inconvenience, yes I know, but I'm sure one of the mods could help remove it for you (if you're having the same problem I am). That said, thanks for sharing these wonderful and creative pieces with us :3

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 18 Apr 2013, 11:44

Thank you all for the comments and welcome to my page Ioreth. I'm actually trying to do more writing, but this time a short story, still doing some research but it will be a story collector in the early 1800's. When romanticism and fantastical stories were first started. I hope to make the character in that story into a running series, and even more hopefully make into a short film :D .... Once I actually get it written.

Well with my character textured and modelled, I went onto the next stage... Hair. Now this is something I have never tried before, I watched a few hours of tutorials on Digital Tutors and it was looking nice.... but it had no volume (the top 3 on the left).
Thats when I found out about a plugin called 'Shave and Haircut'. It was so easy to use and learn, with so many features to adapt and change it to however I wanted (even a virtual comb and virtual scissors that worked like the real thing.... almost felt like a game :D ). Well I tried out several styles and these were the types I had gotten.
I have settled on the bottom right one but if anyone else likes a different style I can always change it :D

Anyway, with that finally done, I have added bones onto my model and he is now ready to animate, can make him dance or high five or whatever :D

PocketMouse
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by PocketMouse » 18 Apr 2013, 15:28

Wow!! I agree with your choice on the hair, but they really all look fantastic! You really have pulled this together and brought your character to life!

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 18 Apr 2013, 16:54

The pod racer is fantastic, very realistic in appearance. And I like your little guy - hair sorta looks like a retrospective of various hair styles of The Doctor. I'd love to make a person in 3D. I really gotta get working on learning Blender. Make Human is fun if you want to make naked people, but hair is not working right for me.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 18 May 2013, 02:06

Haven't been doing much 3D work lately, but I have stumbled upon some old sigs of mine from back in the day when I remembered I had a Photobucket account... Anyway here they are.

Outlaw Star WOOP WOOP

Jing: King of Bandits

Jing again... with me old Username if anyone has seen it before :D

Jing one more time, trying something new :D

Ahh ye, back when I wanted to create my own RP Forum

My favourite anime EVER!

Some characters I had in mind for a school for the worst students in the world... with very peculiar Teachers and Staff

Eventually I will have more 3D Work to show, just been busy lately getting ready for America in a few weeks :D

RyuKai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by RyuKai » 18 May 2013, 14:32

These look great, it's been a very long time since Ive seen Jing. :)