Given the photography section's no longer a thing...

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Feb 2024, 15:35

I have a little question, I'm trying to set a camera up for live filming in front of a green screen, however (and you'll laugh here), I can't get the ruddy batteries in the camera the right way! Is it supposed to be + to - then - to + or the other way?

Can someone please respond to this urgently.

I am aware of Google and have also asked on Reddit.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Feb 2024, 15:53

Not a daft question at all, as I frequently have problems deciding which way they go as well.

Dunno if this will help. You may need to pause and enlarge the image at the relevant point.

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Feb 2024, 16:21

Ojisama wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 15:53
Not a daft question at all, as I frequently have problems deciding which way they go as well.

Dunno if this will help. You may need to pause and enlarge the image at the relevant point.

Grr! I am ready to insert the camera, and the batteries, up someone's arse, sideways, I've followed the video with 3 seperate sets of batteries and none of 'en work.

Which leads me to believe either I'm a numpty, or Poundland have sold me dud batteries.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Feb 2024, 16:28

Ah. I see your problem right there.

The batteries you get from Poundland won't be powerful enough for a modern digital camera. If it does power up at all, it won't last very long.

I'm afraid you will have to shell out for some ultra powerful batteries, especially if it is for prolonged use as a video cam.

Isn't there a mains adapter for it? If you are using it in a fixed position on some sort of mount, that would be the best option.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Feb 2024, 16:35

Ojisama wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 16:28
Ah. I see your problem right there.

The batteries you get from Poundland won't be powerful enough for a modern digital camera. If it does power up at all, it won't last very long.

I'm afraid you will have to shell out for some ultra powerful batteries, especially if it is for prolonged use as a video cam.

Isn't there a mains adapter for it? If you are using it in a fixed position on some sort of mount, that would be the best option.

Unfortunately not, I bought it second hand from CEX last year.

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by djd001 » 21 Feb 2024, 23:38

Duracell Ultra - They are my go to for anything. More expensive, but you're paying for quality batteries.

Side note: The majority of home smoke detectors recommend Duracell or Energiser. Aico heads won't work without them.
Which given the fire brigades in 2 counties have switched to Aico from Fireangels recently....

Though they tend to be Lithium sealed now...
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return