Is anyone any good at creating 2D/3D sprites in GIMP or Aesprite?

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Jun 2023, 12:26

Above.

I'm planning to try and make a 2D or 3D platform game or adventure game starring myself as a game character, however I suck at doing graphics, so if I send you a selfie, could someone have a go at this for me? At the moment I'm broke so I can't pay for anything, but I'd be your friend for life, and that's gotta be worth more than the loot surely?

If you can help, send me a PM.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 19 Jun 2023, 02:52

you wouldn't ask a chef to prepare you a meal on the sole promise you'd be their best friend for life, don't expect artists to do the same. art is a developed skill and commissions cost money.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Jun 2023, 07:29

lolin wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 02:52
you wouldn't ask a chef to prepare you a meal on the sole promise you'd be their best friend for life, don't expect artists to do the same. art is a developed skill and commissions cost money.

I know that, I have no money.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)