What emotion do you create your art from? [QUIZ]

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 27 Dec 2022, 01:56

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 02 Jan 2023, 23:18

Hope

You create from hope. In spite of everything, you maintain a fervent hope deep inside you that things can always be better. It is a stubborn and tenacious hope that you take care to cultivate because you would be lost without it. Art is an outlet for your hopes, a way of expressing your most optimistic wishes for the world. It reveals your ideals and everything you value most. Your work is a declaration of hope for yourself and the world, an adamant assertion that a better reality is within reach. In a world so rife with disillusionment, you strive to send out a message of stubborn encouragement. It is a call to action for everyone on the verge of giving up. Though you may doubt yourself at times, your hopes are what inspire you the most.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Jan 2023, 11:00

Here's my own result.

You create from melancholy. There is an aimless sadness that pervades your life. It's not as though there's anything in particular you're grieving, but you still find yourself possessed of a peculiar somberness. This melancholy seeps into your art, where it becomes a directionless lament. You long to make your senseless sadness into something beautiful and bittersweet, so you depict it countless times throughout your work. It sets the tone of everything you create, filtering all you craft through a melancholic lens. There is a nostalgia for what never was, a grief for something you never had, a longing that doesn't know what it craves. These are the feelings that serve as your inspiration: vague, listless lamentations.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 03 Jan 2023, 22:28

I feel like what you create from can tell you a good deal about who you might be as a person, perhaps Oji is hopeful, perhaps richard's gone through some depression or troubles. Either way, how we channel our emotions into our art is important, because it can act as a stress relief and a way to sort through feelings.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Jan 2023, 10:06

Love

You create from love. It is an overflowing love that seeps out of your heart and into all you create. You couldn't possibly contain it inside yourself, and so you dedicate yourself to depicting it through everything you make. Your art is a celebration of what you cherish most, a loving tribute to everything that captivates you. There are things too wonderful to be appreciated in silence, and so you sing of your love time and time again. You are determined not to let your vast love go unnoticed or forgotten. That's why your work is a declaration of affection, an expression of fondness for everything that makes your life worth living.
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 Jan 2023, 23:02

grace definitely draws from love <3

she's too loving for her own good sometimes, but really it's a trait you shouldn't change