If you could cosplay as ANY character from TV/Movies etc, who would you go as?

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 08 Oct 2022, 16:48

Above.

Personally I'd love to be able to afford one of those "Grand Heritage" Batman or Darth Vader costumes I've seen on eBay and various other sites, I just don't have £600 for a costume I'd wear about 5 times a year, nor would Dad let me spend that much if I did.

How about you guys?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 04 Nov 2022, 18:19

I think last year I saw a Doctor Who cosplay of the outfit by the late Jon Pertwee (third Doctor) on eBay, I was tempted but it weren't cheap.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 05 Nov 2022, 10:59

Those sorts of costumes are OK if you are skilled enough to carry out adjustments yourself. If I'm going to pay £600, I expect to try it on and have it adjusted. My son ordered a Reaper (Overwatch) Costume and when it came, we had to adjust it massively. The height was good, but there was far too much room around the chest. The belts were ridiculously long. The vambraces were too large, but the gloves were too small, with the fingers being stupidly thin.

I am currently combining different items from various suppliers to create Vesemir (The Witcher III). It won't be exact, but close enough.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Nov 2022, 12:45

Ojisama wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 10:59
Those sorts of costumes are OK if you are skilled enough to carry out adjustments yourself. If I'm going to pay £600, I expect to try it on and have it adjusted. My son ordered a Reaper (Overwatch) Costume and when it came, we had to adjust it massively. The height was good, but there was far too much room around the chest. The belts were ridiculously long. The vambraces were too large, but the gloves were too small, with the fingers being stupidly thin.

I am currently combining different items from various suppliers to create Vesemir (The Witcher III). It won't be exact, but close enough.

Yeah that XL 2nd skin Batman suit I bought last month, it was a bit tight at first, then I lost a bit of weight, and it's not as tight now.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Nov 2022, 21:55

Also, last year I bought a pair of Kylo Ren gloves on eBay that were no good, I have rather large hands! I wouldn't mind but they were bought as large size!

If you're not sure who Kylo Ren is, he was the the Grandson of Darth Vader, and second lead baddie in the new Star Wars trilogy.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Nov 2022, 20:40

Ojisama wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 10:59

Yeah, I know you're a big lad, quite tall and well built.

Me? I'm like a good Lego model, small but well built, and most of the pieces are in the right place lol.