Twilight Knight's Writing Journal

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 30 Jan 2021, 18:45

What's it about
I'm going to use this thread to write.  Mostly they aren't going to be connected to each other.  Hence why I'm calling it a writing Journal.  Further, my writing won't be polished, it'll be drafts.  It's possible that some will be fan fiction too.  Mostly I write fantasy, but I do write other genre too.

Feel free to post.

Contents
I'll add in what my journal contains here, when I get to around updating it.
Last edited by Ryuuko on 02 Feb 2021, 02:28, edited 2 times in total.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Scarlet Knight's Writing Journal

Post by Ryuuko » 30 Jan 2021, 19:04

No title, I plan on continuing this and will give it title at some point.

Ruelle knelt on the loose earth causing dust to kick up. She prayed earnestly to her Goddess who she discovered had many names. However, despite her belief that Faudrella and Yurda were in fact the same Goddess many protested they were not yet both referred to as the Goddess of Creation. In this world there were many gods and the people prayed to several. However, it was not like the priests used divine powers, instead they used the same magic is what others called sorcerers. In a way it was hard to believe the gods were real at all.

The female devotee knew gods were real, at least the Goddess was. Ruelle had come from another place and time, an entirely different world. The Goddess had brought her here, but she had not name herself, she simply stated she was the Goddess of Creation of this world. Considering the Goddess had worded she was explicitly stating she was the only Goddess of Creation of this world.

Ruelle finished with her prayers and thoughts stood. The others who had prayed with her stood as well. There were five of them, all men who believed she was some type of prophet or chosen one. They were on a quest, these five were knights and nobles of the kingdom. In this kingdom all those who could use mana were nobles.

The Quest was for the King’s son who was cursed. The prince was sickly and could not leave his bed. Because of the prince’s fever he was hardly aware of who was around him and who he was. The curse had afflicted the prince 20 years ago when he was born. It was a miracle he was still alive. Apparently, all the other children had been afflicted with the same curse but died in their infancy. The King at first blame it on his first wife but after remarrying the same curse afflicted each child, he had no choice but to acknowledge the curse was somehow connected to him.

No known magic could cure the curse, worst it was not just the King’s son and other children who had the afflictions. Other noble children were now being afflicted with the curse, in fact all of them. But most were merely weak and could manage most day-to-day activities but needed help with those. The Noble children under the age of fifteen were all weak, only those older did not have the curse at all. The first to have it was the King’s children. Children without mana were completely unaffected, so the scholars and doctors associated this curse with mana. However, the history did not have any such record of a curse like it. At first it was thought to be a disease and some still referred to it as one. However, the idea was dropped and calling it a curse widely adopted.

To resolve the lack information, they were on a journey to the old capital. It was not actually known why it was abandoned. However, it was known that it was dangerous place over ran by monsters. Because of this it had been assumed it was abandoned because it simply been overrun. Some scholars believed otherwise and that was why they were headed to it. It also lay in a waste land which nothing grew so it was difficult for those without mana to even travel to it, let alone survive the dangers associated with it today.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 01 Feb 2021, 20:37

Ooooo a nice interesting beginning here! :) I really like writing fantasy too because it feels like you are creating almost everything from scratch- like you have a whole entire world to create, its brilliant. I am looking forward to reading more :)

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 27 Feb 2021, 02:49

thanks

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 27 Feb 2021, 03:18

Ruelle first memories was when she was being called by some strange name. Ruelle of course, that was her name now. Being Ruelle was super awkward though. Her name was Bob, well it was in her previous life. She had lived a long life bob, she had great grand children before she was reborn as Ruelle. She even had several wives as Bob, she had been remarried several times, never finding the right woman. Ruelle as Bob had found that women were inherently dumb and needed a man like she was to help and direct them through life. Unfortunately for Bob this caused a lot of issues and problems with spouses.

Ruelle did not think women were dumb any more. Ruelle being woman now well a girl knew in her past life she just refused to understand them. In this new world she was looked down on and was considered to be a man's future property. The situation eventually changed for Ruelle but not initially. Ruelle was first born to a moderately off merchant. So Ruelle's life wasn't as bad as it could've been in this new world.

However, it was nothing compared to her previous life as Bob. She had to do what she was told, she had to accept she was a product to trade for gain. The better product she was the more her family would gain and it was important to her father, younger brother and mother that she became the best product possible for a good trade. Indeed she was nothing but another goods that her father sold, but so were her 2 younger sisters. It was just the way this world worked. Or so she thought.

Ruelle was sent to school when she was ten to learn etiquette and manners of lower ranked nobles. Turns out in this world Ruelle was considered to be beautiful and worth investing into catch the eye of a noble where much more profitable gains could be had. But those who didn't know proper etiquette and manners would never catch their notice. Even those who wives of nobles were owned by them. Ruelle's intellect was completely intact from her previous life, but no one cared what she knew from then. They only wanted her to behave in a certain way because that's all they wanted those of the female gender to do. In fact they believed that females were incapable of intellectual thoughts, at least those when she was young thought this.

While at school she did indeed capture the notice of nobles, and it wasn't her looks, it was her intellect and ability they took note of. Ruelle was lead to believe the incorrect things about the nobles. The fact was her father and what she had been taught was completely wrong. The lives of the nobles and commoners weren't lived together and had absolutely nothing to do with each other except the commoners were of lower class and paid taxes to the nobles and therefore allowed to live.

All commoners were looked down by the nobles and were all considered to be completely worthless. If anything the nobles wanted less of them. Yes, some were useful but most were just a drag on already tight resources and therefore a burden. They didn't care what commoners did for the most part as long as taxes were paid. They could kill each other for all they cared, and they did indeed do this without punishment.

Nobles didn't care if other nobles killed commoners, after all the less they had, the better. But what commoners got wrong about nobles was gender ownership. While it was true that males normally ruled and females never did it wasn't because they own them, but they did own mistresses which were nothing more than commoners. A mistresses children if any which was unlikely would be commoners too.

Why? Commoners could not use magic like nobles could and the world was quite dangerous and absolutely needed those with mana to survive. Therefore the commoners would not survive out nobles who used their mana to make it possible. The more there were the more mana nobles needed to use to keep them alive. Further it was difficult to conceive with those without mana, so mistresses that nobles had almost never gave birth simply because they couldn't. In other words Ruelle was being set up to be a mistress, not a wife as her father thought, and that was out detached the nobles were from the commoners.

The nobles took note that Ruelle actually had mana which was unusual for a commoner but not unheard of, so they planning on making her a noble only to lessen their own burden of taken care of the commoners of the world as they multiplied at unbelievably fast rates and died nearly as quickly. Nobles could at least defend themselves and survive on their own unlike the commoners.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 27 Feb 2021, 16:57

Thanks and hopefully my posts and continuation of the story doesn't end up being once a month like it has started.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 27 Feb 2021, 18:31

It's a strange world, certainly. Do mistresses here in this world never give birth to a child who could use mana? Not feeling all that sorry for Bob. Instead of telling us, you may want to practice showing us Ruelle's world.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 28 Feb 2021, 21:06

Well I’m setting the stage. It’s more like notes to get it started. That way I know how and where I want to take it.

Well Bob is old news. The story isn’t about him. It’s about Ruelle. So my last post was just background story.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 01 Mar 2021, 01:42

Just a thought to keep in mind.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 02 Mar 2021, 21:56

;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 08 Aug 2021, 21:26

I'm going to start writing again.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Aug 2021, 00:05

Cool, I have t written in a while

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 13 Aug 2021, 04:07

Twilight wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 21:26
I'm going to start writing again.

Please do. The world always need new art, new stories.