What were your first cosplays?

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Jan 2021, 00:56

I am surprised a topic like this hasn't been created! As a (as it stands) non cosplayer I have personally been curious on how you guys have got into cosplay. This thread is used to share your first cosplays! As you are doing so feel free to pass on any tips, wisdom or even funny stories to new cosplayers to (hopefully) put such people at ease :)

Lets get sharing! :D

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Headhunter Crafts
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Headhunter Crafts » 22 Jan 2021, 23:39

This was my first-ever cosplay! Made the scythe instead of revising for GCSE's xD
After making it I though heck why not botch together a costume with some 'borrowed' clothing from mother too :haha:

You're always welcome to ask for tips and help! If I don't respond here you can get me on any social media. Same name as on here ^^

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 23 Jan 2021, 01:06

Headhunter Crafts wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 23:39
This was my first-ever cosplay! Made the scythe instead of revising for GCSE's xD
After making it I though heck why not botch together a costume with some 'borrowed' clothing from mother too :haha:

You're always welcome to ask for tips and help! If I don't respond here you can get me on any social media. Same name as on here ^^

how dare you have such a good first!
Seriously, this looks great!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Jan 2021, 01:15

Headhunter Crafts wrote:

DAMN!!! I still see your Big Daddy suit for sale and I so want it, I just have no where to put it >_> But bahhhh I know someone who would love that Rwby sword
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 23 Jan 2021, 02:19

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 01:15
Headhunter Crafts wrote:

DAMN!!! I still see your Big Daddy suit for sale and I so want it, I just have no where to put it >_> But bahhhh I know someone who would love that Rwby sword
hmm I wonder who

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 23 Jan 2021, 02:22

Mine was Alex Mercer from Prototype I can't upload it here as it does not always work for me

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Jan 2021, 02:29

While I'm here my first "cosplay" was the Tardis but it is just a nice cosplay dress and yes those are Tardis shoes too made from glitter :)

I miss this convention it was at the fleet air arm musiem and had a glitter tatto too :)

13442690_596084033898417_5653758877385839971_o.jpg
13442690_596084033898417_5653758877385839971_o.jpg (397.24 KiB) Viewed 1389 times

~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

weeabooweegee
Soul Reaper Member
Soul Reaper Member
Great Britain

Post by weeabooweegee » 23 Jan 2021, 08:12

My first cosplay was Luigi! Sure it was pretty low budget but you gotta start somewhere!

(Btw this photo makes me laugh every time!)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Jan 2021, 08:43

Headhunter Crafts wrote:

Right, I love RWBY so flipping much so I rate this highly :D Fun fact as well, my dream cosplay would be Ruby Rose not like this is happening anytime soon as you will see from the following pic XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Jan 2021, 08:45

Same with Weegee, mine was also very low budget lol

Spoiler:  
Any fellow Hufflepuffs here?

Lauren
VG mod

Headhunter Crafts
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Headhunter Crafts » 23 Jan 2021, 10:35

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 01:15
Headhunter Crafts wrote:

Yeah he's still looking for a home!
That old scythe's been dismantled by now. But not to worry, because I made a replacement at uni xD

Headhunter Crafts
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Headhunter Crafts » 23 Jan 2021, 10:37

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 08:43
Headhunter Crafts wrote:

Right, I love RWBY so flipping much so I rate this highly :D Fun fact as well, my dream cosplay would be Ruby Rose not like this is happening anytime soon as you will see from the following pic XD

Haha, well thanks! No reason to not make your dreams a reality though. Most of my build was with cardboard so you can pretty much get away with anything and get it done!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Jan 2021, 10:43

Headhunter Crafts wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 10:37
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
Headhunter Crafts wrote:

Haha, well thanks! No reason to not make your dreams a reality though. Most of my build was with cardboard so you can pretty much get away with anything and get it done!

Oh, this was cardboard? Would not have guessed haha. Fair play, still probs wouldn't happen any time soon because I currently have no means to store it if I ever plan to construct it XD Definitely will be on the cards when I have a place of my own and more room

Lauren
VG mod

Headhunter Crafts
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Headhunter Crafts » 23 Jan 2021, 10:48

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 10:43
Headhunter Crafts wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 10:37
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

Oh, this was cardboard? Would not have guessed haha. Fair play, still probs wouldn't happen any time soon because I currently have no means to store it if I ever plan to construct it XD Definitely will be on the cards when I have a place of my own and more room

Yep, cardboard and some plaster bandage on top! I've since made a new one from acrylic, wood, and steel (see above)
Definitely gotta have space to store it, or at least make it come apart. My first split halfway along the gun, and two 'front' segments slid out of the main head

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 23 Jan 2021, 16:13

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 02:29
While I'm here my first "cosplay" was the Tardis but it is just a nice cosplay dress and yes those are Tardis shoes too made from glitter :)

I miss this convention it was at the fleet air arm musiem and had a glitter tatto too :)

13442690_596084033898417_5653758877385839971_o.jpg
how old was you there?