12 Days of AL-mas! [CHRISTMAS EVENT]

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 07 Dec 2020, 11:10

Day 5

On the fifth day of AL-mas the arts mod team give to you...

A night by the fire!

Challenge:
This is a writing only challenge! Imagine its a evening on Christmas day. You have had your Christmas dinner with the family or whoever you have planned to spend Christmas with :<3: and now its time to cosy up by the fireplace (this is hypothetical, guys lol I understand not everyone has fireplaces now). As always I am leaving this quite open in terms of what you can write to let your imaginations run wild! It can be any form of writing you wish :)

Think what you are doing and who you are spending the evening with. You don't have to include yourself and others in the writing, it can be completely made up and fictional if you want!

Spoiler:  
If are planning on writing some form of narrative I am setting the limit at around 500 words so its probably worth using Word then copy and paste it in here. Obvs I wont be checking but at the same time this isn't an essay or anything lol Please don't feel obliged to write a full blown novel, we are busy peeps after all!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 08 Dec 2020, 17:11

Day 6

On the sixth day of AL-mas the arts mod team give to you...

A stocking filler made with love! :kawaii:

Challenge:
This one is for you DIY crafters out there! This challenge is about making anything that can be used as a stocking filler! :) Some ideas include handmade bath bombs, candles, jewellery (bracelets etc). If you are still stuck I'd recommend you browse around on Etsy or even Pinterest for inspiration :)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Dec 2020, 10:27

Apologies for not being too up to date! To catch up I will put up the next few days worth :)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Dec 2020, 10:39

Day 7

On the seventh day of AL-Mas, the arts mod team give to you...

A Christmassy day out!

Challenge:
For this challenge, think Christmas markets, Christmas sale shopping, Ice skating, Going to a pantomime- basically anything that resembles a tradition when you are going out and about during the Christmas holidays! I would like to see a drawing impression of a Christmas day out scene! As always, this can be in any way that you like (pencil, paint, pastel etc). You can use images from the internet or any old pics of your own as inspiration (just because I doubt any of these things will be open and available right now :( )

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Dec 2020, 10:48

Day 8

On the eighth day of AL-mas, the arts mod team give to you...

An anime Christmas!

Challenge:
This is another writing challenge! This challenge, should you choose to accept it... requires you to write a Christmas fan-fiction of an anime of your choice. Basically think of it as if your favourite anime had a special Christmas episode, what would you want to happen? You can make it as funny or as heart-warming (or both?!) as you want. Don't worry about the length of it- it can just be a paragraph long if you wish, rather than a full blown story XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Dec 2020, 10:54

Have to nip out to volunteering shortly so will post one more tonight when I get back, but for now I am half tempted to give day 8 a go! Already have quite an idea XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Dec 2020, 11:37

Day 9

On the ninth day of AL-mas the arts mod team give to you...

A Christmas games night!

Challenge:
One of the ways we may like to chill out after eating all the food on Christmas is by playing ALL THE GAMES! :D This challenge is dedicated to showing some love to your fave gaming characters by showing your best fan art! Extra Christmas points for drawing them in Christmas paraphernalia :D

This might be quite similar to Day 1 depending on what you choose to do so I don't mind if you want to kill two birds with one stone here :)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Dec 2020, 11:53

Day 10

On the tenth day of AL-mas the arts mod team give to you...

A Christmas jumper party!

Challenge:
Christmas isnt complete without a good day or two (or three or four!) of wearing your go to Christmas jumper! But for this challenge I would like to see a new design for a Christmas jumper :) You can either draw your own jumper outline and place your own design on that way or you can print off a template from the interwebs and take a snap of your completed design! You are free to put whatever you want on your design.

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Dec 2020, 12:11

Day 11

On the eleventh day of AL-mas the arts mod team give to you...

The most prettiest and awesome-est bauble to add to your Christmas tree! :D

Challenge:
It isn't too late to give your Christmas tree a little more "pazazz". Inspired by Day 10's challenge (oops! XD) I would like you to design the snazziest bauble in the history of bauble making! Like the Christmas jumper design, you can print off a template from the internet- plus it is not limited to just drawing a design! Glitter, sequins, stickers anything at all to make your bauble sexy looking is seriously endorsed!

If you want to go town and make your own bauble from scratch you can totally do that too!- I know some can be embroided or crocheted so go for it if thats your thing!

Lauren
VG mod

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 21 Dec 2020, 01:41

What's day 12! I promise I'll do some of these days this week :XD:
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 21 Dec 2020, 01:42

AbominablesnowLauren wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 12:11
Day 11

Challenge:
It isn't too late to give your Christmas tree a little more "pazazz". Inspired by Day 10's challenge (oops! XD) I would like you to design the snazziest bauble in the history of bauble making! Like the Christmas jumper design, you can print off a template from the internet- plus it is not limited to just drawing a design! Glitter, sequins, stickers anything at all to make your bauble sexy looking is seriously endorsed!

If you want to go town and make your own bauble from scratch you can totally do that too!- I know some can be embroided or crocheted so go for it if thats your thing!

Taa--daaaa!
day 11.jpg
day 11.jpg (113.73 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Dec 2020, 14:10

LikkleDrummerGirl wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 01:41
What's day 12! I promise I'll do some of these days this week :XD:

I very stupidly misplaced my sheet of paper with my days on lol so I had to come up with a new day 12 XD don't worry its coming up now

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Dec 2020, 14:14

Day 12

On the twelth day of AL-mas the arts mod team give to you...

A night of Christmas carols!

Challenge:
To round off the challenges, we are finishing off with a musical bang! I have given (kind of, lol) my rendition of the 12 days of Christmas... now I want to see yours! For this challenge I want you to comment down below your very own version of the 12 days of Christmas! It can be whatever theme you wish!

Good luck!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Dec 2020, 14:19

Was meant to post these aaaaaaages ago, but re: day 2, my mum made some sugar cookies! She had her own flavourings which she added. The chocolate ones were black forest gateau flavoured and the vanilla looking ones were gingerbread flavoured!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Dec 2020, 14:21

LikkleDrummerGirl wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 01:42
AbominablesnowLauren wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 12:11
Day 11

Challenge:

Taa--daaaa!
day 11.jpg

Aaaaahhhhh! They look awesome! :D

Lauren
VG mod