Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Apr 2021, 22:14

PharaohAtem wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 22:01
I like them both, though red is my favorite of the two. The blue green one I want find of the avatar but looking at then both I like it now. Was looking on a different on my phone to my computer sometimes the right light does all the difference
Thanks ^_^ *BEARHUGZ*

Speaking of the red one, I have several renders of Super 17 to use but haven't really been able to decide which one so I used them in different pics. Which Super 17 red sig pic do you like the best?:
  Spoiler:  
Image[/img]

I also added a that soft edge effect to the sigs. Do you think they're better with the soft/blurred frame or without? Or can't really tell?:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Apr 2021, 22:22

Also couldn't help but notice that you're using the set I made. ^_^ I'm glad you like it. :dance: Always puts a smile on my face when I can help out a friend. :D

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 01 May 2021, 14:42

Yes I like them so thank you again.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Expendable » 02 May 2021, 03:38

It's a very nice set. I like how it stands out with all the red. The text is great, too. What are you using?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 14 May 2021, 02:59

PharaohAtem wrote:
01 May 2021, 14:42
Yes I like them so thank you again.
You're muchly welcome ^_^
Expendable wrote:
02 May 2021, 03:38
It's a very nice set. I like how it stands out with all the red. The text is great, too. What are you using?
There's kind of an interesting story I should explain. After getting my Chromebook I found out what a different OS does after using Windows for most of my life which is that the programs that I used on my Windows laptops I couldn't use on the Chromebook until I looked up "'adobe photoshop alternatives'' earlier this year. I've had the Chromebook for 2 or 3 years now though so I guess I got pretty easily discouraged but I never thought to search with those keywords. After I did though I tried a few but I really like Photopea since it's free and was a way to use renders again. It's optional to install but given how much our power goes out I went ahead and installed it. There should be a How To somewhere if you want to install it too, personally I haven't had a problem with it so I can at least vouch for it being safe to use. You don't need to make an account either to use it so that's always a plus. Typing Photopea in any search engine should bring up the official site but if not then Photopea.com in the address bar always takes me to their site.
After a few years of not being able to make my own sets it was golden when I started using it. :D

I also use Adobe Express for frames/borders and Adobe Mix to combine 2 pics together like the bg for my Golden Frieza + Golden Cooler sig. It was originally a galaxy pic and the one I blended with it is a dark planet with lightning around it that reminded me of Frieza's Death Ball attack in the games and they're both galactic emperors so it seemed like a good idea. I put a gradient fill over the mixed galaxy + planet pic of black, red, and purple. It also seemed to fit. ^_^ It's an awesome editor though if you want to try it. :dance: I also use the app GIF Maker Editor.More to add frames to gifs though since Adobe Express won't keep the gifs animated if I use it to add frames which is still kind of a bummer but frames aren't always better, right? ^_^ Definitely was a breath of fresh air though when I stumbled on Photopea. :D

Thanks btw, glad you likt it too ^_^

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2021, 07:39

So, lately I've been getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, the original series, so I wanted to make a set using my 2 favorite characters. I used to like Kaiba, and actually still kinda do, but Joey and Mai are my favorite characters. Joey's grit and gambling-type cards make him a perfect fit for different elements of people in my life, including his sister, Serenity (yes, I know I keep talking about being a sucker for sibling bonds but I really can't help it so :P ) and Mai Valentine was always tough, not to mention I've always wanted those 2 to be in a relationship, but both of their duelist styles I love. I always try to play a Harpie Lady deck in Nightmare Troubadour, and a Red-Eyes fusion deck (limited with B. Skull Dragon and Meteor B. Dragon in that game though) and a few other creative additions. In short, that's why this new set. It took a while finding just the right renders for Joey and Mai, also the render for all 3 Harpie Lady sisters took a while to find. Got the mountains background from pixabay.com but it reminded me of that Mountains Field Spell which both could use, though it'd be more Mai's specialty than Joey's. Did I do okay on the avy/sig set? ^_^

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2021, 19:58

Sweet

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2021, 19:59

PharaohAtem wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 19:58
Sweet
Thanks, Atem! ^_^ I tried looking for animated background with Mountains but I think it turned out ok.  :dance:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2021, 20:20

It's hard with mountains I've played with those at times

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2021, 20:51

PharaohAtem wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 20:20
It's hard with mountains I've played with those at times
Yeah, originally the picture's height was probably twice what I cropped it to so I had to fix it so it wouldn't be too big. 360 is the safe height when the text is also in my sig without stepping on anyone's toes. I forget where I found the post that said what the maximum dimensions was though, but it's what I think I was going off of. I wasn't sure if I cropped it at just the right spot or not though, so it's a relief that I did. :dance: Oh, btw did you make a new set?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2021, 20:53

Nethack made thos set for me. It's rare for anyone to make sets for me outside yiu abd her. I'm thinking do tor who right now though once I finish this piece fir someone.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2021, 21:10

PharaohAtem wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 20:53
Nethack made thos set for me. It's rare for anyone to make sets for me outside yiu abd her. I'm thinking do tor who right now though once I finish this piece fir someone.
Oh, she did? I wish I had a better memory. :sweatdrop: You're thinking of making one after the piece you're working on though?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2021, 21:51

Yeah in light of doctor who's new episodes possibly well see.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2021, 22:01

That'll be fun! :dance: I hope you do, I'd love to see what you can do. All I can do is basic stuff, I never have any of the professional-looking stuff no matter what theme I try :sweatdrop: but it's still fun to do. ^_^ And it's awesome to see other people's gfx projects and all the interesting effects they can pull off. :dance:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2021, 22:13

I'll post it up once i'm done with my piece. I'm still figuring out the render and everything first.