Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2021, 22:30

Yeah, I forget how hard it is to figure out the render and other elements of a set. Do you make renders the manual way? If I can't find any online I use a program called Background Eraser or remove.bg (that's all I see in the address bar lol but it works, smaller pics are free but need an account for big pics) I've made a Turles (DBZ villain from DBZ: Tree of Might movie) render using Photopea that works very similar to Photoshop (except Photopea is free and is the mainstay of my methods for my GFX projects) and it was actually well done, but omg it took an entire night. I mean like from 7pm to 3am, but it was better than the other app (Background Eraser) so I'll never forget how painstaking it can be to make a render or underestimate how long it can take.

Oh, btw the website for the Photopea app is https://www.photopea.com/ and if you want to install it there's an icon that looks like a box on the rightmost part of the address bar, just before the Bookmark star. If you click the box just to the left of the Star you usually click to Bookmark something it'll install Photopea. And it's 100% free, but installing it isn't required to use it ether, I just find it convenient to. :sweatdrop:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 10 Nov 2021, 01:13

Ok, so, this is like basic of basic but idk I think it looks kewl. Here's the wallpaper I made [Joey and Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters]:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Nov 2021, 15:24

Oooh I really like it. The backdrop really makes it pop.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 10 Nov 2021, 16:23

PharaohAtem wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 15:24
Oooh I really like it. The backdrop really makes it pop.
Thanks, Atem! :dance: I wondered how I did. Oh, I also couldn't find a big enough Harpie's Pet Dragon render so I actually had to make one out of a 1000x1000 pic that might've been a screenshot or the actual artwork. :sweatdrop: Do you want the render? :^_^: That took the longest. It still took a while to get everything placed just right too. Hopefully I'll get tired here soon though.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 15 Nov 2021, 01:44

Thought about making a wolf set for Wolf's Rain. I think it might give me something to do, might keep my mind from running in paranoid circles.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Nov 2021, 01:47

do it

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 15 Nov 2021, 03:07

You like? :^_^: I managed to find a font someone made using the Wolf's Rain word style on the anime cover. :dance:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Nov 2021, 03:22

Yes i like it's pretty clean lined.

I've not done this anime with sig and avatars that might have to go on my list. I snuck this into someone's journal LOL. I can't wait to see there reaction LOL.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 15 Nov 2021, 03:28

lol Reminds me of the Weeping Angels in Doctor Who, but like chibi version.

Have you watched Wolf's Rain btw?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Nov 2021, 03:35

It is the weeping angels from doctor who. Those little ones appeared in an episode. Somebody got put into a dark place with only matches so once they went out you can guess waht happened to them. I mean there cute but dang why make them evil too lol.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 15 Nov 2021, 03:38

lol I didn't remember the little ones. Yeah though, there's something especially creepy about making something cute so menacing and fatal.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 16 Nov 2021, 05:02

I don't really know what to work on next. Maybe a Lord Darcia III from wolf's rain, but I'm still kind of iffy about that, since his role in the ending is engrained into my memory... but his story really is sad, even he is slightly insane. Or another yugioh set, but I'm kind of dead set on Joey and Mai right now... I kind of like Kaiba, but I'd have to watch more of the show to see if inspiration about another character(or characters) strikes me. I bet it will, like I understand why Pegasus was how he was and what his goal was in trying to gather all the Millennium Items, but it's such a sad backstory. So, we'll see. :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2021, 03:07

I want to make a new set, but can't really decide what anime to make one from.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2021, 03:36

I've made up my mind what set I want to do: Fuuma Monou from X the Movie, one of the first anime movies I'd ever seen other than Ghost in the Shell (1995). Just the kind of mindset I'm in right now. Although I do need to watch that movie again too to watch the epic showdown. But yeah, my next set will be Fuuma Monou from X the Movie. I might have to make my own render(s) of him though, so that might take a while. Still sounds fun, already got a gif in mind for him already. :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2021, 07:23

Here's my latest set: Fuuma Monou from X the Movie. He was a good person before he became the warrior for the dragon of the earth. Actually his fate was forced on him, he didn't really choose to turn dark as Kamui's opposite. But what do you think? Is the set ok? :dance: