Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 08 Jan 2022, 03:16

If there's some typos in my posts I promise it's unintentional. I just now read over the last post and read "coors" instead of "colors" which is what I meant. The keys on this keyboard sometimes don't get pressed hard enough but I'm guessing that they do as I'm typing, so later on I see where things got spelled wrong. If any of these mis-spellings offend anyone, I assure you they are accidental and not intentional in any way. And if it does, I do apologize.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Jan 2022, 05:45

Since I already like the series of Avatar: The Last Airbender so much, I've decided to make a Katara/Sokka set. The reason? They're siblings, protagonists, and obviously it makes me think of the closeness me and my sister had as siblings. I've heard not all siblings are that close, which made me appreciate what I had with Big Sis' twice as much as before. But that's my next set planned!! :D I think I've got the renders already too, but there's decidedly more than 1 render for each of them, so there's a lot of options. ^_^ I just hope what I make will look good aesthetically. It's a series I've obviously been missing out on though, that much I know. I own Avatar: The Last Airbender as well as Legend of Korra in 1 blu-ray combo pack for Christmas, so I'm a newfound fan. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Jan 2022, 23:39

Naughty Kitty wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 23:13
Nice glad you latched onto it then. Good luck! :)

Thanks! ^ _ ^ I've already got the frames I need for the sif gif but now I'm working on a still pic animated gif using pics of Katara and Sokka. It's just taking longer than I thought. :sweatdrop:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Jan 2022, 23:45

Naughty Kitty wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 23:43
Take your time know it'll be awesome! :)
Thanks! :^_^: Might be done today, but I need to crop the pics although I think I do have the ones I need now. So now it's time to crop, then I can try to add them as frames in an animated gif. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 11 Jan 2022, 01:18

Yeah. :^_^:

I finally made the Sokka / Katara set from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Here they are in the spoiler tags:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 11 Jan 2022, 02:32

Naughty Kitty wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 01:26
That looks amazing great work! :)
Thank you very much! :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 11 Jan 2022, 22:50

Naughty Kitty wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 02:34
Just calling it like I see it. Well done. :)
Thanks again. :^_^: I'm not sure if I'll feel like doing another set soon, this one took around 2 days. :sweatdrop:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 12 Jan 2022, 03:17

Naughty Kitty wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 02:47
Impressive. Take a break then you done good. The work will still be there when you feel like doing something new. :)
Thanks again. :^_^: I'm pretty satisfied with how the new set turned out. Took a really long time to find the pics to make the gifs though. :sweatdrop: I think it looks good though. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 12 Jan 2022, 13:36

Naughty Kitty wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 03:25
I would agree and very eye catching. :)
Yeah. :^_^:

I might come across a character in Avatar: The Last Airbender that might inspire me to make another set soon though. lol I'm really fickle, and really never make up my mind with anything. :sweatdrop:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 12 Jan 2022, 23:07

Naughty Kitty wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 19:45
I mean that's good too in a way means you are always looking for new ways to express your creative side. :)
Yeah, it's basically one of the few things I can still have a lot of variety to do, other than play games.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 13 Jan 2022, 03:14

Ooh I like your new set.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 Jan 2022, 22:55

Mrs Clause wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 03:14
Ooh I like your new set.
Thanks. :^_^: I'm proud of the Sokka/Katara set. I love the series since mom and dad got it and Legend of Korra for me last Christmas. :dance:

But I've been in the Wolf's Rain mindset which reminds me how much I've loved Kiba, and just wolves in general. It's odd how they have an almost supernatural, mystic air to them. At least in my mind, and I think they always have. I've loved Kiba for always following his heart, even when he probably should've listened to his head instead. It reminds me of myself, and how my head usually takes a while to catch up to what I let my heart determine what I do. So, I've been working on that last night and today. Luckily I had most of the gifs, but had to find the running wolf one of Kiba they show a lot in the ending credits. What do you think? :dance: (They're in spoiler tags btw so I'm not flooding the screen with images. :sweatdrop:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 Jan 2022, 15:27

Naughty Kitty wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:04
Wolf's Rain! Omg omg you are so totally my hero right now yay *hugs* Looks beautiful purr :)
lol Thanks. I really didn't think anyone else liked it that much. I still need to finish it, but it's one of the animes I've bought that I haven't ever regretted, not even once. The ending might be sad, but the journey really is the best part I think. I've always liked wolves, even as a kid. Although as a kid I was also given a paper, along with the rest of the class, that asked "What is your favorite animal? And why?" but as a kid I couldn't think of why I liked wolves so much. Not much has changed regarding that, although the thought that they mate for life is really appealing to me. Otherwie though, they have that almost supernatural air about them. So, Wolf's Rain was an anime that really struck a cord with me. Originally I was just looking for animes with wolves or that had some wolf theme to them, but Wolf's Rain is still a gem among my animes. :^_^: So, kind of been getting back into it again. Glad to meet another fan of it too. :dance:

And thank you, luckily the 1st, 2nd, and 4th animated gifs in the avatar, but had to find the 3rd one, but only found it in .mp4 format so I had to convert it to a .gif file using a website I use to convert file type for free with no account required at all. The height for it was only 130 though, and it was really wide, so I had to crop it, then resize it to 200x150 so it would fit with the rest. Luckily it didn't distort the image in any noticeable way when I did, so that was a relief. I love how it looks though, don't you? :^_^:

Oh, do the avatar gif or sig gif have any dangers for anyone who might be epileptic? I could always slow the speed of the gifs down a lot if they are. As someone that has seizures, I'd really feel guilty if someone had a seizure from one of my gfx projects. :(

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 Jan 2022, 16:24

Naughty Kitty wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 15:31
I think they look beautiful *sniffle* It makes me cry I love this so much. :cry:
I know what you mean. :^_^: Even with the sad ending the anime had, it's still a gem.

Which character i your favorite from the series?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 Jan 2022, 23:58

Naughty Kitty wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 17:14
I mean I love them all but I will always remember the first random scene I saw from the anime with Tsume won't spoil it but it hooked me.
Yeah, he tries to be aloof but I think deep down he just wants and needs friends. No one can go it alone. ^ _ ^