Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 26 Apr 2021, 14:45

PharaohAtem wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 14:21
Looks good to me. Just my name I was just felt like a zombie yesterday. Yeah the with you said is fine. If you wanna play with the text go fir it.
Awesome! :D I also know what you mean by feeling like a zombie though. Sometimes sleeping kind of resets us the next day to feel better though. ^_^ Okiez, do you want the text on just the sig or on the avy too? I kind of made a habit of putting mine in my avatars by now so it's more of a habit, but I know some people prefer to not have any text on their avatars.
So, put your username in the sig and avy or just in the sig?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 26 Apr 2021, 15:20

I still plan on putting some text into the set but I'm drifting off right now. lol I'll work some text magic on the set when I wake up though with some nice font. Oh, when it comes to the font, do you want a cursive-looking font or one that's more non-cursive (like Times New Roman or something similar)?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Apr 2021, 16:38

I normally dibt put text on avatars I can never get a feel on it but you can so it and ibdubt like it we can leave it plain. I've seen yours though they tend to click.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 26 Apr 2021, 19:45

PharaohAtem wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 16:38
I normally dibt put text on avatars I can never get a feel on it but you can so it and ibdubt like it we can leave it plain. I've seen yours though they tend to click.

Aw, thanks ^_^ I'm not really good at anything so I don't get complimented much. That really means a lot, Atem. *BEARHUGZ* :) I just woke up though but I'm starting up Photopea again so it won't take too much longer now. :D

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 26 Apr 2021, 20:38

@PharaohAtem Okiez, I'm finished! ^_^ Let me know if you want the outer glow of the text in the sig bigger though. Are these okay though? I wasn't sure about the avy because it seemed to be harder to read in the first one so I made the outer glow of the text brighter. Let me know if it's just me though. Are the colors of the text okay? If you want me to try other fonts let me know. ^_^ I love to do these because it's genuinely fun, but also just awesome to make something for someone other than myself, so if you do see something wrong with it you can say so. :dance:
You like, or something you want me to change in them? :dance: :dance:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 27 Apr 2021, 00:17

I love them, I'll be changing to these soon. I like the writting in the avatar something i'm not always sure about but il like it it pops.Thank you so much. And yeah i know what you mean i like making sigs and avatars for others, i can play with things. I sometimes use fractals and not everyone likes playing with them, but i started playing with them and some of my work has those fractals in the background, sometimes it's more then one layer to make things pop.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Apr 2021, 01:46

PharaohAtem wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 00:17
I love them, I'll be changing to these soon. I like the writting in the avatar something i'm not always sure about but il like it it pops.Thank you so much. And yeah i know what you mean i like making sigs and avatars for others, i can play with things. I sometimes use fractals and not everyone likes playing with them, but i started playing with them and some of my work has those fractals in the background, sometimes it's more then one layer to make things pop.
You're very welcome, it was a genuine pleasure. ^_^ I'm glad you like them. :dance: I've only learned how to not go overboard with the outer glow with the text with the 17 & 18 set I made with the blue letters on a narrow green outer glow so you asked just in time. I used to really go big with the outer glow. lol Like, super ridiculous but the new nice fit I've kind of reached for it looks a little sleeker I think. I'm really glad ya like it though. *BEARHUGZ* ^_^ I never really understood what fractals were though so I never tried to use them, but like always I might've been over-complicating things too. lol :sweatdrop: Oh, do you want any trim or border in them? I might be able to fit one on them if you want? No promises though, that's admittedly not much of an edge to work with. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 27 Apr 2021, 03:31

Sometimes they dint need boarders some of mine ha e them and sine dont.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Apr 2021, 03:50

PharaohAtem wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 03:31
Sometimes they dint need boarders some of mine ha e them and sine dont.
Oh okiez. I see what you mean because some of the sets I've done ended up not having a border, especially lately. But they don't look worse for it, a few look better. Like my latest 17 & 18 one with the blue text & green outline for the words. Although there's also when it's a forgotten step that you meant to do before finishing the avy or sig but looks good without one anyway. lol

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Apr 2021, 22:27

I think I'll make a wallpaper next using Golden Cooler and Golden Frieza. The background I used for their sig is cropped smaller from a bigger picture though, so that shouldn't be a problem. But what renders to use... there's a surprising amount of Golden Cooler renders. God bless Dragon Ball Heroes. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 28 Apr 2021, 20:15

I made a new sig. Well, changed the username text in it and changed the font for the quotes from 17 and 18. I think it looks sleeker, but the one before admittedly had text that was too big (or aI think it was).
New text avy:
Sig with bigger text is the first one, smaller on the second one. Which one is better? I think the smaller text is better but let me know what you think.
ImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 29 Apr 2021, 22:57

Made a new Super 17 set. The thing that takes the most time when making these is finding the perfect fonts to use for the text. There's a LOT to go through and you can't see the effect of them all in the "Preview" next to the fonts because some of the effects in the detail can only be seen on bigger text than their Preview text. lol I should put a list of the fonts that I like in a .txt file at some point though.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 30 Apr 2021, 20:47

red ones the best one so far.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Apr 2021, 21:22

PharaohAtem wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 20:47
red ones the best one so far.
Thanks, Atem. ^_^ I had to use the Gif Editor app to put a frame in it though. I never really paid attention to the Frames part of that app when I used it though but I don't know why. There's a few interesting frames in it. I've changed my name to just Emotive because it seems to sum up how I am. lol Otherwise I'd keep changing the last part of the username. It's not much of a change, but here's the new Super 17 set for this username and would like to know what you think:
  Spoiler:  

I've been tweaking the 17 & 18 set a little bit and wanted to your opinion on them.
  Spoiler:  

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 30 Apr 2021, 22:01

I like them both, though red is my favorite of the two. The blue green one I want find of the avatar but looking at then both I like it now. Was looking on a different on my phone to my computer sometimes the right light does all the difference