Emotive GFX Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: Heyitslaurenk, PharaohAtem, Alice Rose

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Apr 2021, 03:50

PharaohAtem wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 03:31
Sometimes they dint need boarders some of mine ha e them and sine dont.
Oh okiez. I see what you mean because some of the sets I've done ended up not having a border, especially lately. But they don't look worse for it, a few look better. Like my latest 17 & 18 one with the blue text & green outline for the words. Although there's also when it's a forgotten step that you meant to do before finishing the avy or sig but looks good without one anyway. lol

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Apr 2021, 22:27

I think I'll make a wallpaper next using Golden Cooler and Golden Frieza. The background I used for their sig is cropped smaller from a bigger picture though, so that shouldn't be a problem. But what renders to use... there's a surprising amount of Golden Cooler renders. God bless Dragon Ball Heroes. :dance:

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 28 Apr 2021, 20:15

I made a new sig. Well, changed the username text in it and changed the font for the quotes from 17 and 18. I think it looks sleeker, but the one before admittedly had text that was too big (or aI think it was).
New text avy:
Sig with bigger text is the first one, smaller on the second one. Which one is better? I think the smaller text is better but let me know what you think.
ImageImage

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 29 Apr 2021, 22:57

Made a new Super 17 set. The thing that takes the most time when making these is finding the perfect fonts to use for the text. There's a LOT to go through and you can't see the effect of them all in the "Preview" next to the fonts because some of the effects in the detail can only be seen on bigger text than their Preview text. lol I should put a list of the fonts that I like in a .txt file at some point though.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 30 Apr 2021, 20:47

red ones the best one so far.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Apr 2021, 21:22

PharaohAtem wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 20:47
red ones the best one so far.
Thanks, Atem. ^_^ I had to use the Gif Editor app to put a frame in it though. I never really paid attention to the Frames part of that app when I used it though but I don't know why. There's a few interesting frames in it. I've changed my name to just Emotive because it seems to sum up how I am. lol Otherwise I'd keep changing the last part of the username. It's not much of a change, but here's the new Super 17 set for this username and would like to know what you think:
  Spoiler:  

I've been tweaking the 17 & 18 set a little bit and wanted to your opinion on them.
  Spoiler:  

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 30 Apr 2021, 22:01

I like them both, though red is my favorite of the two. The blue green one I want find of the avatar but looking at then both I like it now. Was looking on a different on my phone to my computer sometimes the right light does all the difference

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Apr 2021, 22:14

PharaohAtem wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 22:01
I like them both, though red is my favorite of the two. The blue green one I want find of the avatar but looking at then both I like it now. Was looking on a different on my phone to my computer sometimes the right light does all the difference
Thanks ^_^ *BEARHUGZ*

Speaking of the red one, I have several renders of Super 17 to use but haven't really been able to decide which one so I used them in different pics. Which Super 17 red sig pic do you like the best?:
  Spoiler:  
Image[/img]

I also added a that soft edge effect to the sigs. Do you think they're better with the soft/blurred frame or without? Or can't really tell?:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Apr 2021, 22:22

Also couldn't help but notice that you're using the set I made. ^_^ I'm glad you like it. :dance: Always puts a smile on my face when I can help out a friend. :D

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Naughty Kitty » 01 May 2021, 03:55

And it looks awesome also! :)

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 01 May 2021, 14:42

Yes I like them so thank you again.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Expendable » 02 May 2021, 03:38

It's a very nice set. I like how it stands out with all the red. The text is great, too. What are you using?

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 14 May 2021, 02:59

PharaohAtem wrote:
01 May 2021, 14:42
Yes I like them so thank you again.
You're muchly welcome ^_^
Expendable wrote:
02 May 2021, 03:38
It's a very nice set. I like how it stands out with all the red. The text is great, too. What are you using?
There's kind of an interesting story I should explain. After getting my Chromebook I found out what a different OS does after using Windows for most of my life which is that the programs that I used on my Windows laptops I couldn't use on the Chromebook until I looked up "'adobe photoshop alternatives'' earlier this year. I've had the Chromebook for 2 or 3 years now though so I guess I got pretty easily discouraged but I never thought to search with those keywords. After I did though I tried a few but I really like Photopea since it's free and was a way to use renders again. It's optional to install but given how much our power goes out I went ahead and installed it. There should be a How To somewhere if you want to install it too, personally I haven't had a problem with it so I can at least vouch for it being safe to use. You don't need to make an account either to use it so that's always a plus. Typing Photopea in any search engine should bring up the official site but if not then Photopea.com in the address bar always takes me to their site.
After a few years of not being able to make my own sets it was golden when I started using it. :D

I also use Adobe Express for frames/borders and Adobe Mix to combine 2 pics together like the bg for my Golden Frieza + Golden Cooler sig. It was originally a galaxy pic and the one I blended with it is a dark planet with lightning around it that reminded me of Frieza's Death Ball attack in the games and they're both galactic emperors so it seemed like a good idea. I put a gradient fill over the mixed galaxy + planet pic of black, red, and purple. It also seemed to fit. ^_^ It's an awesome editor though if you want to try it. :dance: I also use the app GIF Maker Editor.More to add frames to gifs though since Adobe Express won't keep the gifs animated if I use it to add frames which is still kind of a bummer but frames aren't always better, right? ^_^ Definitely was a breath of fresh air though when I stumbled on Photopea. :D

Thanks btw, glad you likt it too ^_^