Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 03:29

lol It sure is gratifying when someone else likes it though too and not just yourself for probably what might be more of a pride basis. xD

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Nethack » 05 Apr 2021, 03:30

lol maybe, but im also just always astonished when other people do it. I think mostly because Ive never been good at them

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 03:33

I've seen people really do elaborate things to make gifs, but I'm more like a minimalist approach to it. If I could make one of those fancy ones I would. xD I don't have the money to pay for the Pro version. >.<

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Nethack » 05 Apr 2021, 03:34

much feels

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 03:40

Feels better someone knows how it feels. ^.^

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 08 Apr 2021, 19:13

Oh, btw here's my Ultimecia and Seifer sig I made at some point yesterday, and the Rinoa and Squall one I finished today :D

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Nethack » 08 Apr 2021, 19:24

ooo I like them both!! they both look really good!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Apr 2021, 00:46

Nethack wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 19:24
ooo I like them both!! they both look really good!
Thanks *BEARHUGZ* ^_^ I looked for fire rose pics for the Ultimecia and Seifer one. Since Seifer's Limit Break is Fire Cross and he's romanticized the role of Sorceress's Knight. I think it was a romance story from a book in the game. Seemed right though. ^_^ Glad someone else likes 'em though. :D

Took some messing around with the drop shadow of the Emotive Spirit text in the Squall and Rinoa one. Otherwise the light blue would've been nearly impossible to see against the bright Griever emblem. Photopea helped out with that one. Otherwise I used Photoshop Express for the Fire Rose one.

It feels really good though when someone other than me likes them. Makes me think I did something right. lol

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Emotive GFX Log

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Apr 2021, 13:44

Have you ever done sigs for other people on the forums, Emotive? That can be something you can do for others if people need and/or are interested? I definitely think we should start encouraging stuff like that (ive seen something on older threads that used to be a thing) you know just to support and promote the artists on here :)

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 10 Apr 2021, 17:38

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 13:44
Have you ever done sigs for other people on the forums, Emotive? That can be something you can do for others if people need and/or are interested? I definitely think we should start encouraging stuff like that (ive seen something on older threads that used to be a thing) you know just to support and promote the artists on here :)
idk, it's just easier when I know what I want. It's harder when someone else tries to say what they want but I don't know how to picture it. /: I've tried though, but ended up getting frustrated. I'll still try if someone asks but they might not like the result. ^_^;

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 12 Apr 2021, 20:45

I tried to edit a gif in Photopea but I kind of had to do it by trial and error. Linking the multiple parts that a gif is in when you open it in Photopea helped, I mean it seemed like common sense though. lol But using "duplicate into" is useful too when done editing something to put it into another gif or pic. You need to link all the slides in the folder (there's an actual little folder icon where the slides are located in after opening a gif into the program), which I just used the universal CTRL + click (or CTRL + tap for a touchpad) to select the slides (needed to click the eye on the left of the slides though just to be sure) then click the little chain link icon in the bottom right of the box that had the thumbnails of the gif slides. I had to do that to resize the gif and have it apply to all the slides instead of doing it 1 by 1, I don't have that kind of patience. lol Then some text, just need to do it once after the slides of the gif are linked together like I mentioned doing. Suuuuch a relief to find that out. xD I have to crop and resize though, and flip Ultimecia horizontally. I of course messed up and put the text in before realizing that. lol So the text was mirrored in my first attempt with Ultimecia. >_< I like how it ended up though.

Time to show off~ ^_^ The first 2 gifs are the original ones I found and the right is the end result. I didn't save the text in a png, but kind of wishing I had. There's still a .psd file with it though, so I can always look in those using Photopea too. Such an awesome program to use for free!! Image Image :<3:
ImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 13 Apr 2021, 20:35

I changed my YouTube Avatar and Watermark to the letters "EG" for Emotive Griever (which is my channel's name). If you want to check those out though take a look at my FF8 gameplay vid so you can see them. The watermark is on the bottom right of the video and my YouTube avatar is the same, just a different font. ^_^

I made my own wallpaper last night of Ultimecia and Seifer with that fire rose, but I changed the color of the fire rose a little bit. Go ahead and take it if anyone wants to, as far as I'm concerned you can do with it what you want. You don't need to give me credit or anything, just something for everyone and anyone to enjoy who likes the Sorceress and her knight. ^_^ Without further hesitation:

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Expendable » 14 Apr 2021, 00:54

A flaming rose, very nice. Adds a nice spark to the composition. Love the text.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 14 Apr 2021, 01:33

Thanks ^_^ I actually made the Seifer and Ultimecia sig before I made the Rinoa and Squall one, just ended up using the latter first. lol I like how Seifer romanticized the story of The Sorceress' Knight. I mean, I know that his mind got a little warped and Ultimecia probably distorted his "romantic dream" of it to have unwavering loyalty. Such a puppetmaster, I might have to read where she got Griever though. I've heard about the theory about Rinoa and her, but I'd like to finish the game again first. Still, it's an alluring concept: the knight of a sorceress. I mean, who wouldn't want to be? I could also be reading too much into it. :sweatdrop:

Thanks, Ex. ^_^ Not sure if too many people look in this thread but I'll keep putting up my little experiments in here either way. :dance: The quote from Ultimecia is from Dissidia, but I figured why not. Especially since Rinoa's quote in the blue griever sig is too. Sort of half and half. :D

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 Apr 2021, 03:32

nice wallpaper

ImageImageImageImageImageImage