Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Jun 2020, 22:15

Talking with a friend I remembered about my old GFX thread and wondered if it was still there, but no such luck. ^^; 

So here's a new one! My GFX thread full of my experimental in-development projects and fresh ones. I've got quite a few using a GIF Editor. I use Photoshop for pics too so I'll be putting both stills and animated gifs that I've tweaked in here for all to n'joy! Image 

These are what I've got so far. I've been really getting into Yu-Gi-Oh! too. Image Such a shame that Joey and Mai didn't get together. Image

ImageImageCan't remember which one's the original

ImageImageSame with these

ImageImage

Last edited by Emotive on 18 Dec 2021, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 24 Jun 2020, 03:58

Yeah it's a shame Mia and Joey didn't get together I agree. I love your work including the moving eyes

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 24 Jun 2020, 08:18

Thank ya! :) I would've loved to see it happen tho :(

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 15 Mar 2021, 20:14

Oh good, I did make a thread. lol I wasn't sure if I did or didn't, so I'm glad I browsed with the help of ctrl + F. ^.^ So, for my avatar I cropped Android 17 and 18 from the same pic that had a cloudless, sky-like background and c&p the background color around so it looked smooth. I used some layer blends and a gradient to put in a black bar between the two faces since there's a noticeable gap in pattern in the sides of the pictures where the black bar is covering. Without it the crop would be totally obvious. lol Then I forget which layer blend I did but it was the one that worked the best to bring out those colors. Plus it helps that those are the colors of Android 17's ki and Android 18's ki respectively: blue and pink. So it seemed like a no-brainer. I like it anyway. xP

For the sig I just got 2 separate renders of Android 17 and Android 18, just created a color background the size I wanted which would've been bigger without the PSN Profile pic but I resized it after that too. The color of the background I made was black because I didn't just want to get a c4d, I wanted to put the quotes that I like from 17 and 18 in it too. The Outerglow (I think that's what it was called) for them worked out nicely, but I also did a Drop Shadow for both which I tweaked until it showed in a way I liked. I used Photopea which I installed via their site since it's not in the Google Play App store, it's really close to a Photoshop app. Anyway though, I just put in the text, put Emotive separate from Spirit, and experimented with the placement of the words and render. It took a few tries, but the end result was what you see in my sig. It's nice knowing I can be satisfied with a simple black background. ^.^

What do you all think? :)

This is how big the other sig pic is without the PSNProfiles pic:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 22 Mar 2021, 04:06

I can't believe I forgot about Sango and Kohaku from InuYasha. This is my latest project. I tried adding a border to the sig but the quotation marks in the upper left get partially covered when I do. >.<

Avy and Sig:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 22 Mar 2021, 04:40

I fixed the text on the sig... I'm thinking about adding more saturation to the render though...

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 22 Mar 2021, 06:47

I changed the quotes in the sig. The other ones didn't feel right that I had for this Sango and Kohaku sig.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Expendable » 27 Mar 2021, 02:22

Nice work! Love that rough border, it's a nice touch. Like the script, very nice.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Mar 2021, 04:11

Expendable wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 02:22
Nice work! Love that rough border, it's a nice touch. Like the script, very nice.
Thanks! ^.^ I was wondering if anyone else thought so too or if it was just me. lol It's good to know sometimes I get it right. :D

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Emotive GFX Log

Post by LilMissLarBear » 30 Mar 2021, 14:03

yeah it all stands out nicely without really being too in your face if that makes sense haha!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 30 Mar 2021, 14:15

It does. lol I know what ya mean. :P Thank ye. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 00:52

Wanted Sango, Kirara and Kohaku all in my cover pic for my profile so that's when I remembered Adobe Photoshop Mix that can blend 2 (maybe more) pics together. I like the result but I had to find a bigger pic of Sango hugging Kirara. I'm happy with it. ^.^ Then, I made little 2 pic gifs for the other forum I use to use in my sig and avy there. I horizontally flipped a few of the pics in the gifs just so I'd have the option since I'm so fickle all the time. lol They look pretty good if I do say so myself. ^.^ Especially the blended pic of Sango, Kohaku and Kirara. I love how happy Sango and Kirara are and how Kohaku looks in it. ^.^ ^.^
ImageImageImageImage

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Nethack » 05 Apr 2021, 03:06

oooo I like the gifs!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 03:26

Thankz ^.^ I had to add the border/trim with Photoshop Express separately for the pics before making them gifs. One feature I wish that gif maker/editor had. >.<

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Nethack » 05 Apr 2021, 03:27

much feels. Ive never been good at making Gifs lol