Writing Music

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by GraceMellody » 19 May 2020, 19:06

Has anybody here wrote any of their own music? Whether it’s composition or lyrics.. talk about it here!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Lucifal
Great Britain

Achievements

Writing Music

Post by Lucifal » 10 Jun 2020, 13:16

My wife and I have recorded a 21-track CD of original songs. We're called Hedgehog Reality. We're selling it for £12.99 (worth over £20 on streaming platforms - you can hear us on Spotify) but are also giving away the manga-esque graphic novel Dead Girls, selling at £14.99 (but FREE with the CD) thanks to the publisher The House of Murky Depths.

The offer is available HERE.

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Writing Music

Post by Purplegems3 » 24 Jun 2020, 17:45

I used to whilst I was studying Music Technology; I finished Level 2 in 2015 & Level 3 in 2017. Even if I'm not doing it for a living, I do enjoy playing the piano at home. I'll definitely gives your music a listen too (and the manga-esque graphic novel a read)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by LikkleMel » 05 Jul 2020, 01:11

Yes.... I may upload some on soundcloud or something if I'm confident enough to show my cringe :P

But I did produce this track for a friend back in year 11 -> https://soundcloud.com/mel-rowlands/abu ... nd/s-07EgT
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

MPXX
Great Britain

Achievements

Writing Music

Post by MPXX » 26 Jul 2020, 12:28

Hi!!!

Yes!!! I've played in various bands and made music for a while :) Over lockdown I've started making vocaloid music (composing lyrics in Japanese is a challenge but super fun!) My first track 'Superhighway (feat. Hatsune Miku) is up on Bandcamp: https://mpxx.bandcamp.com/releases and my other social media links are in my signature :)

Keep posting music guys and don't worry what people think!!!
My first single 'Afterlife/Superhighway' (feat. Hatsune Miku) is out now on Spotify and Bandcamp (^^)

https://mpxx.bandcamp.com/album/afterli ... tsune-miku

IG: @mpxxmusic
Twitter: @mpxx20
TikTok: @mpxxmusic

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Writing Music

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Jul 2020, 23:04

Cool

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by GraceMellody » 05 Aug 2020, 03:12

I'm still not very good at the music side of things so i've been focusing on working with other producers until i'm more confident, but I am really enjoying writing lyrics. It's a really fun way to express creativity, i'm glad I found it
@MelodiqueArt

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by Moulders » 09 Aug 2020, 10:56

LikkleMel wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 01:11

But I did produce this track for a friend back in year 11 -> https://soundcloud.com/mel-rowlands/abu ... nd/s-07EgT

6Yes.... I may upload some on soundcloud or something if I'm confident enough to show my cringe :P

Hmmm yes.... yes I see.

I like it... in a kate bush kind/Moonlight Shadow of way. I don't like the music really. But its nothing to be ashamed of.

Production seems to be good, I dont enjoy over-produced stuff anyway. Last few bars need a bit of reverb is all and thats it.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by Moulders » 09 Aug 2020, 11:02

And yes I have played as a musician sometimes.

Up until a long long while ago I played as part of a thrash metal band called Griffon.

Then I went my own way as a blues musician known as Legless Ralph Daniels. But I am lazy and cant be bothered to record anything.

There are rumblings of a heavy metal-reunion... either called Barons of Hell (referring to the first bosses in doom)... or Repentor (refering to Kreator/Sodom)
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Writing Music

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Aug 2020, 12:51

Cool never knew you dud that :)

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by Dark_ » 09 Aug 2020, 13:50

i tried to make a song on guitar called end of the world but idk the idea got scrapped.. aha :haha:

SpInNy FinGeRS

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Writing Music

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Aug 2020, 15:09

I never wrote music just played violin I was t the best but piano I was really good at I'd be rusty right now though it's been used.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Aug 2020, 19:08

PharaohAtem wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 15:09
I never wrote music just played violin I was t the best but piano I was really good at I'd be rusty right now though it's been used.
Oh I LOVED playing the violin! I reeally want to get one of my own
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Writing Music

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Aug 2020, 19:11

GraceMellody wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:08
PharaohAtem wrote:

Yeah in middle school I was in consert with the violin, so it was long night because i think if i remember i had to do piano solo then hurry and get my violin and do consert. Violins are beautiful intruments.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Writing Music

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Aug 2020, 19:15

PharaohAtem wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:11
GraceMellody wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:08
PharaohAtem wrote:

Yeah in middle school I was in consert with the violin, so it was long night because i think if i remember i had to do piano solo then hurry and get my violin and do consert. Violins are beautiful intruments.
I did violin for 2 or 3 years in primary school, I just never got around to buyin my own, but it's a lovely instrument
@MelodiqueArt