Are high-priced and low-priced motorcycle helmets different?

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

linedadelas
Great Britain

Achievements

Are high-priced and low-priced motorcycle helmets different?

Post by linedadelas » 03 Mar 2020, 09:09

Some people are wondering whether there is any difference between expensive and inexpensive motorcycle helmets. Yes, they do have some dissimilarities. HelmetsZone blog will help you figure out what are those differences

First of all, you will see the difference in the certification. An expensive helmet always meets the helmet standard like ECE, Snell, or DOT. Inexpensive motorcycle headgear, on the other hand, doesn’t have that kind of label on their shells.

To pass the safety test, manufacturers have to spend more capital to research and develop. Suppose, a manufacturer wants to get the certification, they need to get at least ten points in the test, and once he can archive that score, his brand will be approved to have the sticker on his products. That sticker is really gonna help to increase revenue but getting the certificate is not easy. Clearly, the development expenses will have a major influence on the final price.

Next, high-price motorcycle helmets will have more sizes of shells. We are familiar with helmets sizes of XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, but the fact is, manufacturers will not produce all those sizes. They will make all the helmet sizes based on the shell sizes. Most brands will have around 3-5 shell sizes. The more shell sizes a brand has, the more expensive its motorcycle helmet will be.

Research&Development can also make a difference. The material used to make motorbike helmets, the aerodynamics, and the ventilation system are the most costly development stage in the manufacturing process. Do you agree with me that, a shell made by plastic without aerodynamics and vents will have a cheaper price than one made of carbon fiber, with high ventilation, wind noise resistance, removable and soft liner? Now, you can find a type of motorcycle helmet that can transform into a full-face or a half-face at any time. That is called Modular motorcycle helmets. You can read specific reviews of that helmet at https://helmetszone.com/best-modular-motorcycle-helmet.html.

Different fasteners will lead to different costs of motorcycle helmets. Some common using fasteners are micrometrics, D-ring, double D-rings, and ratchet fasteners.

Unique and branding designs will also increase the price. This can happen within a brand. For instance, you own a helmet Y with a normal pattern priced of $500, another man also buys the same helmet Y but for $1000 because his has the Valentino Rossi designs. These two hats are from the same brand with exactly the same features, but one with pure marketing is twice as expensive as regular helmets. This means the money you spend on Y is the money you pay for its premium.

Extra differences

Noise resistance
If you often drive fast or ride on the busy street and you can’t stand the noise well, then an inexpensive motorcycle hat won’t be able to help much.

Weight
It is costly to develop a helmet that is both lightweight and safe for your head, extra padding to make it comfortable for long rides. I had a bad experience with a motorcycle helmet under 50$ and it was totally trash. It was so heavy, and no ventilation hole. Once, I started spending $150 dollars, it was a big change. Then I bought a Shoei Qwest with the price of about 400$, it completely satisfied me. I was grateful to it because it brought me the safety and comfort that I have never had before. I thought I would stay loyal to that Shoei Qwest forever until I met the Schuberth C3 Pro. It changed my mind completely, and I’ve never looked back on my previous purchases.

You see, high-priced helmets will be better than motorcycle helmets with lower prices in almost every feature except for the branding and marketing. If you want to refer to the prices of quality motorcycle headgear, please see our reviews on Gab via this link https://gab.com/helmetszone.
Last edited by linedadelas on 18 Jun 2020, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: The Amatuer Digital Artist

Post by Expendable » 04 Mar 2020, 08:31

I noticed it took a bit to load these at first. Nice work, the thumbnails don't do them justice.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: The Amatuer Digital Artist

Post by PharaohAtem » 04 Mar 2020, 20:14

Nice work, looks pretty cool

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements