First cosplay question

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Teterka
Great Britain

First cosplay question

Post by Teterka » 03 Oct 2019, 20:43

Hi, I'm sorry if there was a similarly post somewhere.
I'm going to the Sheffield con this weekend, and I'm gonna be a Joker. I wanted to sing up for the Cosplay Masquerade but I've got confused with the Cosplay options �� What is an altered cosplay?
My cosplay isn't handmade, I did have everything from the shops, but it wasn't bought as a full costume, I just happened to gather the pieces throughout the time and realized "hey, I can do the Joker with that stuff!". So, how am I supposed to categories my cosplay? Is it altered or is it just bought..?

fabssscosplay
Great Britain

Re: First cosplay question

Post by fabssscosplay » 03 Oct 2019, 21:02

I think this would classify as brought! Since you didn't technically make the pieces yourself.
But still! Its really awesome you found out you could cosplay the joker :) I hope you have fun at the con!
"I want to stay here forever, but, I know I'll depart on a journey one day"

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Luffynatsu87 » 03 Oct 2019, 21:37

I sort did the same with luffy i brought different pieces from different places not as costume got my hat, red shirt and yellow scarf from Birmingham market stalls then got my blue 3/4 trousers from Primark in cost me £25

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 03 Oct 2019, 22:58

I think my first cosplay would be classed as altered. It started off as a black jacket with white sleeves that I bought, but after I attached a big yellow 5 point star to the back of it, black stripe down each arm and dandy's 5 point yellow star with the big D on it (that I sewed myself, with the help of my mums sewing machine) it became space dandy's jacket.