Art

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Painting

Post by H03nn89 » 12 May 2019, 17:34

They look epic

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 13 May 2019, 00:31

H03nn89 wrote:They look epic

Thanks.

Sadaku wrote:Well sometimes when a creation doesn't turn out the way you first wanted it to it can still lead to something lovely, great job re-working things! ^^

Yep.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 13 May 2019, 03:06

Sadaku wrote:I suppose that's the life an artist? ^^

Right!

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 May 2019, 20:35

I like several of these, the color mixtures work well together. Are there stories/meanings behind any of these? Are they more of a freedom of artistic expression kinda thing? I know you said in one post that they bring you back to thoughts on certain drugs, but do any of them have a deeper meaning than that?

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 14 May 2019, 01:27

lolin wrote:I like several of these, the color mixtures work well together. Are there stories/meanings behind any of these? Are they more of a freedom of artistic expression kinda thing? I know you said in one post that they bring you back to thoughts on certain drugs, but do any of them have a deeper meaning than that?

No real meaning behind anything here. Maybe in the future. That one green one provokes thoughts of LSD but that's about it. Others remind me of elements like waves and lava. The colours can remind me of foods like watermelon and bubblegum. And sometimes they look like the surface of planets. Oh and some remind me of toothpaste. :)

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 14 May 2019, 03:50

Sadaku wrote:Those are some fun associations to be sure ^^

Totally. Here's what I got today. I need a few more colours and some floetrol. (I ran out of everything at the same time)

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 15 May 2019, 05:10

Tried out my new paints today. I used Purple, Green, Blue and White on both of them and they came out completely different. These ones turned out I guess. Like a light camouflage and a very bright purple. Think I'll invest in more expensive paints next time. I want to create art which is aesthetically pleasing from now on and not just for myself. Experimenting was fun but I think making art that catch peoples eyes will be more worthwhile. Although I might not change anything and just paint like crazy who knows. Procrastination.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 15 May 2019, 05:15

Sadaku wrote:They look quite pretty to me. ^^

Thanks! It takes me about an hour before I say to myself that I like them. Not sure why.

edit: Also the camera I use to take the pictures is always so bad. But I'm not getting a new phone anytime soon so ohwell.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 15 May 2019, 06:30

Sadaku wrote:Hmm, well I suppose maybe that's just introspection and stuff because of being the creator. Again through they look great! ^^

that's right. :3

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 May 2019, 16:42

Cruise wrote:Tried out my new paints today. I used Purple, Green, Blue and White on both of them and they came out completely different. These ones turned out I guess. Like a light camouflage and a very bright purple. Think I'll invest in more expensive paints next time. I want to create art which is aesthetically pleasing from now on and not just for myself. Experimenting was fun but I think making art that catch peoples eyes will be more worthwhile. Although I might not change anything and just paint like crazy who knows. Procrastination.

I love the color purple so the top one I love, I also liked how you mixed the colors on the second one, they really swirled together.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 17 May 2019, 03:47

PharaohAtem wrote:I love the color purple so the top one I love, I also liked how you mixed the colors on the second one, they really swirled together.

Thank you.

edit: double post

Psychologically calm piece.

Cruise
Australia

Achievements

Post by Cruise » 27 May 2019, 02:33

I did something as it has been awhile. Very busy so enjoy.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: Art

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 May 2019, 01:06

It reminds me of the ocean and it's calmness. My favorite color is sky blue right now, but the ocean I love the colors as well.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Art

Post by H03nn89 » 30 May 2019, 17:51

Oh yeah, very calming