[ARTS] Expendable's Little Blue Box

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

[ARTS] Expendable's Little Blue Box

Post by Expendable » 13 Jul 2017, 22:48

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46259[/ATTACH]

With Photobucket unexpectedly turning off my pictures and wanting $400 a year to allow me to share them, I've decided it was time to close my old thread and start a new one.

We'll see how long this one lasts.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Expendable's Little Blue Box

Post by Expendable » 13 Jul 2017, 23:15

So started a subscription account with ImageShack.

This is my latest creation - a floor plan for a Tardis.

TARDIS Type 40 Mark 3 Primary Console Room and Inner Habitat Ring with supporting Pedestrian Infrastructure Deck Plan. Additional corridors can be created to link to additional rooms located in other rings as needed.

Standard initial layout parameters, each room for the Inner Habitability Ring is subdivided into three compartments.

Smaller compartments are usually used for small bathrooms, crew quarters, lounges, or small storage.

Larger compartments may be utilized as small libraries, small pools (technically still bathrooms), laboratories, workshops, clinics, or storage.

Subdivisions can be adjusted or removed as needed.

Appearance can be altered by making adjustments on the Primary Console Mark 1 or higher.

Three Jade Pagodas are shown positioned in the outer Pedestrian Ring to be used as Emergency Escape Pods.

Mykalwane
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Mykalwane » 15 Jul 2017, 08:48

You're still doing well while I still suck.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 17 Jul 2017, 00:36

Sorry to hear you're having problems, are you using Sketchup too?

I went through and after working my way through two more models managed to make four rings - then had a rethought and now working on a better model. I do that a lot. Don't lose heart if you're doing that too. I sometimes go through whole generations of models.

Mykalwane
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Mykalwane » 17 Jul 2017, 17:07

No just was trying to say you do good.

Chlobo
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Chlobo » 20 Jul 2017, 10:22

RIP photobucket.
Where are you uploading your stuff now? Here?

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 26 Jul 2017, 05:25

Chlobo wrote:RIP photobucket.
Where are you uploading your stuff now? Here?

ImageShack

So I've continued working on my Tardis floor plan and have created a few rooms, but this is a simple plan so not a lot of details. Still a work in progress.

Tardis Primary Console Room

Spoiler:  

Bathroom with 44 foot wide pool

Spoiler:  

Lounge/Sickbay/Laboratory module

Spoiler:  

Crew Quarters - 37 feet wide and 17 feet deep

Spoiler:  

Utility Room - tools, parts, equipment, workbenches. (actually you just see shelves and work benches)

Spoiler:  

The Library (based on the British Library's Reading Room, 'ground' level)

Spoiler:  

The Wardrobe

Spoiler:  

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 18 Aug 2017, 00:13

Decided to rework the design, so this is the current work in progress:

Spoiler:  

At the twelve o'clock position is crew quarters, 2 o'clock is the bathroom with a 40' pool, 4 o'clock is sickbay/laboratory/lounge, 6 o'clock another crew quarters, 8 o'clock is the Utility Room and at 10 o'clock is an blank room waiting for assignment.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 18 Aug 2017, 21:40

Redid the lounge area this morning, it went from divider walls to an open plan, two fireplaces are now one centrally positioned, and I've added a buffet nook and redid the bar area. Need to work out wing back chairs and couches, small tables, and a few bar stools/chairs.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 26 Aug 2017, 03:27

So, got a little farther in my floor plan....

Spoiler:  
Console Room
  Spoiler:  

Bathroom Module - always a free bathroom and it has a pool!
  Spoiler:  

Lounge / Sickbay / Laboratory Module - have a drink, get a shot, spend the night in quarantine.
  Spoiler:  

Utility Room - not much to see, shelves and workbenches.
  Spoiler:  

Rescued Art Gallery (time machine, why wouldn't you go save works of art before they're destroyed?)
  Spoiler:  

Bedroom Module - still bare.
  Spoiler:  

I moved the Rescued Art Gallery and put an observatory in the inner ring instead.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 10 Sep 2017, 07:38

So, working late into the night, I have improved my images.

The current work in progress:

Inner Ring
  Spoiler:  

Console Room
  Spoiler:  
There are suggestions that there are things hidden behind the Tardis console room walls - a service area for equipment that is better not seen. A wall-mounted wardrobe with a pull-out bed was here for the third Doctor, and we've seen the fourth Doctor with the first Romana working on a console here.

Bathroom #1
  Spoiler:  
8 individual bathrooms, with toilet stall, bathtub, lounge, clothes refresher, sink, and cabinet for extras. There are also four saunas - a changing area with shower,
then the steam room itself with two wide benches on either side. And for those just looking to cool off, there's the central pool, 40 feet across.

Lounge/ Sickbay / Laboratories
  Spoiler:  
Top left is the lounge area, complete with a bar and a fireplace, as well as small tables with two self-stocking buffet stations in the corners. Top right is the Sickbay area - central consulting office, two diagnostic beds, two nursing sections, and egiht beds. Bottom section has three laboratories and a quarantine area, complete with airlock. Each laboratory is monitored from the central station opposite the labs. Also, two small bathrooms are found here.

Bedroom
  Spoiler:  
Usually when we see a bedroom, it's an oblong box. So that's what I did here, putting individual bedrooms along the perimeter and in the center is three small bathrooms and a central area for working out/relaxing.

Utility Room
  Spoiler:  
Image A workshop/storage area intended for maintenance and repairs. Three central workbenches form the innermost ring, followed by six workstations, then the storage shelves. On opposite sides can be found the large-scale fabrication pads for the Architectural Reconfiguration System to produce items needed. One of the six workstations can be found the 78-volume Tardis Technical Manual.

Library
  Spoiler:  
This large, round two-story structure contains circular bookshelves, with stairs leading up to the upper level. Reading desks and library tables are provided for visitors.

Wardrobe
  Spoiler:  
Image Another round 2-story structure with double-sided wardrobes rapping around the top and ground floor, 16 changing stations located at the main entrance and exit for the patrons to try on the clothing they have selected.

Cloister Room
  Spoiler:  
Image A large park here, sculpted into the Seal of Rassilon. When there's a problem, a bell in this area starts ringing.

Still more rooms to come.

Chlobo
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Chlobo » 10 Sep 2017, 18:26

They all look so clean and tight. Make me think of maps I would find in an actual place. Nice work.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 11 Sep 2017, 22:21

Thanks! Working on Bathroom 2 & 3 now. 2 is being reworked to include a couple of steam rooms. One of them, probably 2, will receive exercise equipment instead of a pool. Or perhaps a smaller pool?

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 10 Feb 2018, 06:02

Scout ship variant, work in progress.

Spoiler:  

The original ship is basically an enlongated pyramid but even at the smallest usable compartment size, it's just not big enough. So to add more volume, I went from a pyramid to a cone.

Chlobo
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Chlobo » 10 Feb 2018, 21:50

Looks really cool.