[ARTS] Expendable's Little Blue Box

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Re: Expendable's Little Blue Box

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 11 Feb 2018, 20:32

Noice :)
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 14 Feb 2018, 01:42

DrinksOnMe wrote:Looks really cool.

Thanks, I like it but the math is going to be fun. Trying to frame the internal compartments now.

Pirate Timelord wrote:Noice :)

Thanks

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 09 Mar 2018, 03:57

Academia City

My interpretation of a floating city concept, the city is made up of pentagrams and rectangles, surrounded by two walls that spiral out to protect the city from massive waves yet creates a safe harbor with two entrances for ships.

Spoiler:  

The pattern reminds me of the Yorkshire Rose, how the petals are arranged.

Jigglypuff
Veteran Member

Post by Jigglypuff » 09 Mar 2018, 05:00

That's a really interesting design. :O I love the two spiraling walls, it's a very cool and neat idea. What would the points in the 'flower' be? Would they be docks?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank your Jouro <3

[quote]Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell? :lol:
Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
Carue: if you like
Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
Carue: but you can have it
[/quote]

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Mar 2018, 15:34

Pretty cool looks like a computer design almost like something on a computer chip. I think a floating city would be cool though

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 09 Mar 2018, 17:48

Jigglypuff wrote:That's a really interesting design. :O I love the two spiraling walls, it's a very cool and neat idea. What would the points in the 'flower' be? Would they be docks?

Docks and quays, there is a lot of space for a water front. Gray are where you'll find buildings, not unlike a city. Larger buildings cluster towards the center, with some wide open spaces, warehouses and smaller buildings along the quays. Green is for the parks, with hydroponic decks underneath. Light blue is fresh water, so five large reservoirs. The black on the upper decks are thoroughfares, allowing light and access to almost every point. I saw a single spiraling wall and thought it would be better with two. However, I had to scale it out a few times to keep pace with my city.

PharaohAtem wrote:Pretty cool looks like a computer design almost like something on a computer chip. I think a floating city would be cool though

Me too. Each section is pentagrams or rectangles in a form I found pleasing. I was thinking it might make for an interesting backdrop for a role play.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Mar 2018, 19:39

It could make for an interesting backdrop in an rp, let me know if you write up so I can take a peak at it.

Jigglypuff
Veteran Member

Post by Jigglypuff » 09 Mar 2018, 22:35

Expendable wrote:Docks and quays, there is a lot of space for a water front. Gray are where you'll find buildings, not unlike a city. Larger buildings cluster towards the center, with some wide open spaces, warehouses and smaller buildings along the quays. Green is for the parks, with hydroponic decks underneath. Light blue is fresh water, so five large reservoirs. The black on the upper decks are thoroughfares, allowing light and access to almost every point. I saw a single spiraling wall and thought it would be better with two. However, I had to scale it out a few times to keep pace with my city.

Sounds cool. It's both aesthetically pleasing, and also seems like something that would work. I think the streets/places of buildings might have to be a bit wider, though, to accomodate more people and buildings, but of course it wouldn't look so beautiful anymore. It depends how big of a city you're thinking about, in terms of inhabitants, of and how big the buildings will be. Just looking at the general, I think compared to the size of the parks and fresh water, the amount of people the city could fit seems quite small.

I was thinking it might make for an interesting backdrop for a role play.

Ohhhh. That I would like to see. :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank your Jouro <3

[/quote]

Zytah
Noble Member
Noble Member
United States of America

Post by Zytah » 11 Mar 2018, 03:25

Expendable wrote:So, working late into the night, I have improved my images.

The current work in progress:

Inner Ring
  Spoiler:  

Console Room
  Spoiler:  
There are suggestions that there are things hidden behind the Tardis console room walls - a service area for equipment that is better not seen. A wall-mounted wardrobe with a pull-out bed was here for the third Doctor, and we've seen the fourth Doctor with the first Romana working on a console here.

Bathroom #1
  Spoiler:  
8 individual bathrooms, with toilet stall, bathtub, lounge, clothes refresher, sink, and cabinet for extras. There are also four saunas - a changing area with shower,
then the steam room itself with two wide benches on either side. And for those just looking to cool off, there's the central pool, 40 feet across.

Lounge/ Sickbay / Laboratories
  Spoiler:  
Top left is the lounge area, complete with a bar and a fireplace, as well as small tables with two self-stocking buffet stations in the corners. Top right is the Sickbay area - central consulting office, two diagnostic beds, two nursing sections, and egiht beds. Bottom section has three laboratories and a quarantine area, complete with airlock. Each laboratory is monitored from the central station opposite the labs. Also, two small bathrooms are found here.

Bedroom
  Spoiler:  
Usually when we see a bedroom, it's an oblong box. So that's what I did here, putting individual bedrooms along the perimeter and in the center is three small bathrooms and a central area for working out/relaxing.

Utility Room
  Spoiler:  
Image A workshop/storage area intended for maintenance and repairs. Three central workbenches form the innermost ring, followed by six workstations, then the storage shelves. On opposite sides can be found the large-scale fabrication pads for the Architectural Reconfiguration System to produce items needed. One of the six workstations can be found the 78-volume Tardis Technical Manual.

Library
  Spoiler:  
This large, round two-story structure contains circular bookshelves, with stairs leading up to the upper level. Reading desks and library tables are provided for visitors.

Wardrobe
  Spoiler:  
Image Another round 2-story structure with double-sided wardrobes rapping around the top and ground floor, 16 changing stations located at the main entrance and exit for the patrons to try on the clothing they have selected.

Cloister Room
  Spoiler:  
Image A large park here, sculpted into the Seal of Rassilon. When there's a problem, a bell in this area starts ringing.

Still more rooms to come.

That’s really awesome, the first picture almost looks like the inner workings of a watch or clock *__* How long did it take you to do this?

Expendable wrote:Academia City

My interpretation of a floating city concept, the city is made up of pentagrams and rectangles, surrounded by two walls that spiral out to protect the city from massive waves yet creates a safe harbor with two entrances for ships.

Spoiler:  

The pattern reminds me of the Yorkshire Rose, how the petals are arranged.

I love this design ❤️ It’s almost like looking into a kaleidoscope.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Marjorie Haukea Williams
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Marjorie Haukea Williams » 13 Mar 2018, 17:59

These are gnarly man! I love the attention to detail and the little
things that pop out at me.

Shame about remaking the thread, but it can't be helped.
Keep up the great art!

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Mar 2018, 23:57

I looked at the first page after seeing the first part. Adding color to it and showing us what they rooms looks like it pretty cool. I think it's really come together. It may look small, but it's a rather large city with I can't think of the word like a city with an artists touch. Someone who built the city with life.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 15 Mar 2018, 22:58

Jacy wrote:That’s really awesome, the first picture almost looks like the inner workings of a watch or clock *__* How long did it take you to do this?

It nearly is, really a very large machine. Weeks of work, I had to stop and restart a few times while asking myself what sort of rooms would there be and how would they fit? But really this is just the pedestrian map, how this all fits together is very clever.

Jacy wrote:I love this design ❤️ It’s almost like looking into a kaleidoscope.

That's what made this fun! Patterns!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Marjorie Haukea Williams wrote:These are gnarly man! I love the attention to detail and the little
things that pop out at me.

Shame about remaking the thread, but it can't be helped.
Keep up the great art!

Thank you, you're very kind.

PharaohAtem wrote:I looked at the first page after seeing the first part. Adding color to it and showing us what they rooms looks like it pretty cool. I think it's really come together. It may look small, but it's a rather large city with I can't think of the word like a city with an artists touch. Someone who built the city with life.

It helps that I continue using the same two blocks, pentagons and rectangles. I am thinking of scaling it up a bit more.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Mar 2018, 23:11

Go for it I'd like to see more.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 16 Mar 2018, 20:54

Another art project I'm finishing up, engineering deck for a cargo pod, used to move 128 shipping containers. WIP.

Jigglypuff
Veteran Member

Post by Jigglypuff » 17 Mar 2018, 07:57

Great work as usual. What are you still working on, since it's a WIP?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank your Jouro <3

[/quote]