Daddycool & Monkeys Cosplay Log Or How Have You Grow Out Of It Already? Stop Growing!

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Daddycool & Monkeys Cosplay Log Or How Have You Grow Out Of It Already? Stop Grow

Post by DaddyCool » 23 Apr 2016, 21:37

Hadn't looked into that yet.
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

HowieHobbit
Standard Member
Great Britain

Re: Daddycool & Monkeys Cosplay Log Or How Have You Grow Out Of It Already? Stop Grow

Post by HowieHobbit » 24 Apr 2016, 13:46

[mention=64627]DaddyCool[/mention] By the way, are you going to be heading to Star Wars Celebration in London in July?

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 24 Apr 2016, 19:46

Probably not can't afford it on top of Alcon and my weekends away racing.
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

HowieHobbit
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by HowieHobbit » 25 Apr 2016, 20:33

[mention=64627]DaddyCool[/mention] - Shiiiit forgot to get Alcon tickets! Thanks for reminding me!!!

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 25 Apr 2016, 21:03

HowieHobbit wrote:[mention=64627]DaddyCool[/mention] - Shiiiit forgot to get Alcon tickets! Thanks for reminding me!!!

No problem
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

SirDanTheSmasher

Post by SirDanTheSmasher » 28 Apr 2016, 06:36

I'm still on the fence about attending Alcon, myself. I just need to weigh up, in my head, the costs of train tickets to and from Leicester for a weekend + accommodation and, right now, that cost is a bit too high.

By the way, [mention=64627]DaddyCool[/mention], how's things coming along?

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 28 Apr 2016, 19:13

SirDanTheSmasher wrote:I'm still on the fence about attending Alcon, myself. I just need to weigh up, in my head, the costs of train tickets to and from Leicester for a weekend + accommodation and, right now, that cost is a bit too high.

By the way, [mention=64627]DaddyCool[/mention], how's things coming along?

Things are ticking over quite nicely at the minute, con and race stuff sorted. Just taking it easy for a bit!
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 10 May 2016, 22:56

Been looking at stuff online tonight, as some of you may know I've been looking for a new belt for my Robin cosplay for a while. The one i've got looks good, but is fragile, its exploded on me a few times!

I've found belt that with some modifications should be good enough and practical enough for Robin.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitehawk-Pouches-Utility-Security-Hunting/dp/B00D48130Q/ref=sr_1_8?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1462920235&sr=1-8&keywords=belt+pouches

But it only comes in black. I want to use fabric paint to dye it yellow, do you think something like this would do the job? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marabu-Fashion-Spray-Sunshine-Yellow/dp/B00K1FIGM8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_201_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41sTvhrxJfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=AFPC6M8HVZAM0V8BYGVC or can anyone recommend anything????

The reason I'm asking if I can or me and Willow can make Cardiff this year we will probably do Batman and Robin. Plus this would be the first time I've ever taken Robin to a con, as it's been mostly a party/night out outfit so far.

PS. If we do Willow is Batman not Batgirl! You have been warned ;)
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 31 May 2016, 19:39

Currently waiting for the new belt for my Robin cosplay to arrive, book I ordered with it on Friday arrived Saturday and belt is meant to arrive mid week sometime. It's a yellow belt, that I'm hoping the pouches from my old belt will work with. If not I may have to attempt to make some........

Will post some pics when it arrives and I have a free half hour.***
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 03 Jun 2016, 17:05

Still waiting for my new belt to arrive so.............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35663[/ATTACH]
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 13 Jun 2016, 20:56

New belt arrived so had some fun with my Robin cosplay and tablet camera features......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35804[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35805[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35806[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35807[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35808[/ATTACH]
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 19 Jun 2016, 15:09

Since most of my cosplays are either done or ok, but may need replacing bits sooner or later I've started to consider my next project. At the moment three contenders are in the running. Thought I would share my ideas and see if any advice could be given, as this would be the first cosplay I've ever done that I want to make or adapt most of it myself. So for that reason I've gone for three simpleish ones!

1. Gender Bender Silk (Marvel Comics)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35885[/ATTACH]

Pro: Willow will love it as is a Spiderman character! + Fairly easy overall.
Con: Unless I make the body suit myself, I'd have to adapt a spiderman suit from Aliexpress or try and adapt a female Silk costume to fit me.

2. Rick Hunter (Robotech)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35886[/ATTACH]

Pro: I really like Robotech......
Con: Very very similar to my X-Wing pilot cosplay.......

3. Tetsuo (Akira Movie)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35887[/ATTACH]

Pro: EVERYONE will know who its meant to be.....
Con: I want the metal arm from later in the film, but how will I make the metal arm?
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 09 Jul 2016, 17:13

Ordered bits for a surprise new budget cosplay, that I can wear at Alcon and not worry if I ruin it.

Spoiler:  
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36450[/ATTACH]

Now I just need a blonde wig and a Sherman!
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

DaddyCool
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by DaddyCool » 14 Jul 2016, 20:18

My tankers hat and green bomber jacket arrived, now hopefully the Saunders tshirt will arrive tomorrow! Set of decent jeans and black boots and will be use able, just need to get a throat mike when I can nip into a army navy store......
May I never be complete.
May I never be content.
May I never be perfect.

HowieHobbit
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by HowieHobbit » 16 Jul 2016, 23:07

[mention=64627]DaddyCool[/mention] Did you manage to get to Star Wars Celebration in the end? Or has saving up for Alcon meant you couldn't come?