The Art of Krayne

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: The Art of Krayne

Post by Expendable » 15 Jun 2018, 22:54

Interesting work! Love the eyepatch on the robot. Killer crayfish rocks. Your gunman makes a statement - run for cover. Nicely executed!

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 13 May 2019, 14:19

Long time since I've been active. Been real busy with some pet projects (setting up an Indie Game magazine, creating content for YouTube)

But i never stopped doodling. So here's some now and I'll have more later.

For those that don't know. RaginRamen is my channel and this dude is my mascot. Trying to get comfortable pushing his personality so I can use him in promotions or even in animations/comics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59176[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59177[/ATTACH]

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 May 2019, 20:32

Aha, I like the ramen! It's very creative. I find it hard to draw in pen because it's more permanent, so I always find when someone draws well in pen that my opinion on their skills is higher because they make less mistakes (like I do, mistake queen right here)

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 13 May 2019, 21:20

Hehe, thank you very much. I regard that high praise from someone with such awesome pixel art on their sig. Would love to find some time and learn to be that good

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 May 2019, 21:23

Krayne wrote:Hehe, thank you very much. I regard that high praise from someone with such awesome pixel art on their sig. Would love to find some time and learn to be that good

>.> <.< God I wish I could pixel art that well... It's not mine, sadly, I found it elsewhere. I draw, but I'm not as good as you! I don't even have my own style yet like you do!

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 13 May 2019, 21:41

ah, well then you are someone of good taste then. I like the bounciness

Had a look at your thread too. You got good gestures and poses, especially one of your latest with the microphone, the hand gestures are good.
Only thing I would recommend is to practice blocking out shapes, but you're almost there, just gotta keep doing it :D

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 May 2019, 21:45

Aw, thanks! That does mean a lot now, you've reversed it on me since you're much better than I am. Blocking out shapes how? Like, using them as a basis for what I'm drawing? As in kind of develop a pre-drawing more?

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 13 May 2019, 22:00

Theres shapes in everything. When you practice sketching by observing or copying something, I tend to look for patterns or shapes. For example theres guidelines from behind the ear that loop down to the front ending where the neck meets your chest. Ears are usually similar height to the eyes. Your knuckles are usually wider than your wrist, so hands arent normally square in shape. Lots of little things like that. I tend to avoid tutorials that say this body shape ALWAYS looks like this and this guideline is ALWAYS like this. Instead, observe and teach yourself how things work. When you recognise those patterns, everything will fall into place. And you'll get your own style instead of other peoples

Hope that helps... its kinda not a lesson in art as much as it is a philosophy I live by :D

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 13 May 2019, 22:06

Ahh, gotcha gotcha. So just breaking things down into smaller shapes. I think I've heard something similar to that before, but I didn't think about looking for patterns as well. My line work is messy and I need to steady my hand more at least, but I can work on shapes for sure. I've done a few study bits on hands and bodies and the like in the past, but I don't usually end up posting those.

It's a good philosophy for sure! I want my own style so bad... D: but I'm also kind of lazy in regards to art xD

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 14 May 2019, 12:27

Some more RaginRamen adventures. This time with a splash of colour

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59191[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59192[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59193[/ATTACH]

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 May 2019, 16:39

I never thought you could make ramen come to life, but you have and it's pretty cool to look at the different ways you've made them come out.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 15 May 2019, 16:56

More ramen!

The last two were influenced from me playing a French Revolution game at the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59212[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59213[/ATTACH]

Without the use of arms, also experimented with duct tape? Or i might just try draw him with arms... Our floating hands...

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 May 2019, 17:06

There all cool they look so real, you really brought Ramen to life.

Krayne
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Krayne » 15 May 2019, 17:15

Thanks! That's a really big compliment. Feeling they're alive is the best an artist can hope for

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 May 2019, 17:19

Bringing to life something is always the hardest to do, but it offers another vision inside an artist. It's kinda like a drawing I did of a little dragon I wanted to look fearsome but I found out I'm good at making things look kinda like I don't know if I"d say childish, but more like comical. It just kinda came out different. I'm not really good at fearsome type drawings, thogh I'm trying.