Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Jan 2022, 01:14

I've seen renders of wolf's rain just never watched it. I like this one too.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Jan 2022, 02:09

Mrs Clause wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 01:14
I've seen renders of wolf's rain just never watched it. I like this one too.
Thanks. :^_^:

The renders I found didn't really fit with what I wanted. There was one with Kiba's true form and human form side by side, but when I used it I just wasn't overly comfortable with it. So, I went looking for some pics instead that didn't have his whole human appearance. I like this version better than my previous Kiba sig pic. I wanted to incorporate some blur in the text color, but tht didn't look right. I thought his eyes were blue in his true form too but apparently they're golden yellow, so it didn't mesh. I didn't want to do red from the name of the title on the DVD collection either, it made me think of the bloody scenes. So, I think it's pretty awesome how it turned out. :^_^: I changed the color scheme of Syndrome to the opposite of Emotive so it would be more noticeable too in both the sig and avy.

It has a sad ending, but I like to think it's the journey and not the ending that makes the anime great. That and my admiration of wolves. I don't think it's on blu-ray though, sadly. I wish it was. I'm glad that you like it too, Atem. :dance:

Oh, had to make my own renders too for the sig. That's what I was getting at before. :sweatdrop:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Jan 2022, 04:39

I'll be making a Riddick set next. Right now I'm looking for the right renders. The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena game is a LOT of fun. lol Mom and I watching the Chronicles of Riddick movie again. I've found a Dark Athena render which looks like good material for a sig pic though. But I hope I can find some animated gifs of Riddick too, I might have to make one out of still pics if I can't as the avatar.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Jan 2022, 05:10

Naughty Kitty wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 04:43
You sound excited be looking forward to it then! Good luck! :)
I really am. ^_^ I love that franchise. It's unfortunatey they won't be doing the 4th Riddick movie until 2023 though, but since it's 2022 at leat it's not that far away. :dance: ^_^ And the game is so much fun. lol It's a blast.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Jan 2022, 23:42

Ok, so I had a difficult time trying to figure out what colors to make the text and its outer glow, but when I think of "fury" and "space" I thought of red and black. Then that he's an antihero seemed to make black the best text color choice. The red outer glow is because of the name of his race: Furyan. When I think of fury, I think of rage, which makes me think of the phrase "seeing red" so that was the reasoning behind the text color choice. And here's my new set. ^_^ I got the background pic from Pixabay.com where the pics are, in fact, free to use. So, here's the end result. :^_^: The render i from Dark Athena though. Do you all iike it? :dance:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Jan 2022, 01:18

Naughty Kitty wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 23:54
Those look great beautifully done back round on the sig and great choices for the gif on the avatar well done. :)
Thanks! :dance: :dance: :dance: I'm glad they look ok. :^_^: For the avatar one pic is from Pitch Black the 2nd one is from Riddick. :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Jan 2022, 02:47

Naughty Kitty wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 02:16
They look great, again wonderful work and very eye catching on the boards too. :)

Thanks. :^_^: I've slowed it down as much as I could without slowing it down too much because of my own experiences with seizures and doctors trying to figure out the cause, one theory was epilepsy, so I don't want to make the transitions between the frames of the gifs too fast. I'm glad you all like it though. :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 22 Jan 2022, 09:44

Naughty Kitty wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 02:56
I understand the transitions are very smooth gives you time to take in all the detail so it works well I think.
Thanks. :^_^: And sorry, today was one of my worse days so it was hard to concentrate online. The mental situation and depression makes for a really disastrous combo. Bleh. Luckily the depression is gone though for now. :^_^: Thanks for the input, it really helps me out. I duplicated each frame into 4 frames each to add more of a delay, using the same number for the avatar too. It feels good to know it actually works though. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 22 Jan 2022, 10:21

Naughty Kitty wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 10:15
Your hard work certainly paid off. Sorry to hear the day was a rough one for you. Well never mind, tomorrow is a new day. :)
Thanks. :^_^: I'm proud of the result. :dance: And it's ok, at the end of the day I always fall asleep and wake up to a new day so it always works out one way or another. lol

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 22 Jan 2022, 10:29

Naughty Kitty wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 10:23
That's a good attitude to have. Any new projects on the horizon or time for a break after all your hard work?
Not any new projects for the moment, but it doesn't take much to get me to want to make a new set. lol But for now there's no projects lined up. :^_^:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 23 Jan 2022, 01:03

Rest between projects is always a good thing.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 23 Jan 2022, 10:21

Naughty Kitty wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 22:42
Take a well deserved rest then you done good! :)
PharaohAtem wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 01:03
Rest between projects is always a good thing.
Thanks, both of you. :^_^: Time to just kick back and relax with some gamez and anime~ :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 25 Jan 2022, 04:50

Maybe, but I already made some Ken's Rage sets I think.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 26 Jan 2022, 02:42

Naughty Kitty wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 04:51
Mm "there is always more to discover" :)
Is that a Riddick quote? I could hear his voice saying that. lol With my bad memory it's hard to tell.