Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 26 Nov 2021, 02:58

I downloaded some new font since my Fuuma Monou set from X 1999, and I thought this font called "Insomnia" worked well with that particular set after revisiting it in Photopea and GIF Maker Editor. So, here's the older Fuuma set with new Insomnia font:
Avy: Image
Sig Pics:
  Spoiler:  

What do you all think? Dd I do an ok job at least? Oh, and I moved the text up and left more so that the frame wouldn't cover up the letters.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 27 Nov 2021, 03:44

Ok, so, when it comes to the frames of gifs I have to use a different app than Photopea, one I found when looking in the Google Play app store. It's called GIF Maker Editor and has this icon in the app store: Image you can add frames around the edges using that, speed up the gifs or slow them down, make gifs out of pictures/images lik mini-slideshows. I used it a while ago and as far as I can tell it's the only way I can add frames/borders to the gifs since evidently either I can't in Photopea or just haven't figured it out yet. I'm betting on the former though. lol But, just a reference for those looking to experiment with making or editing gifs. Totally free btw, both of those apps are. But for right now I think I'm kind of set with my... set. lol Until I pop in another anime and start watching it anyway. xD I'm so fickle it's almost unbelievable.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 28 Nov 2021, 06:34

I've been reminded of Thouzer from Fist of the North Star and how much I wished I could be like him, with a heart closed off and guarded. Mine seems to be like an exposed nerve all the time, so when I see a character that's closed off his heart when he or she used to be a person of good heart before some kind of traumatic incident made them encase their heart in armor (metaphorically speaking) I've got a lot of envy for that character. I can never close my heart off, and I honestly don't think I even know how to do it. I've been hurt a lot in my life and been stabbed in the back so many times I just wish I couldn't feel anything sometimes. So, I've got a strange admiration for those characters in that way, although I don't like the morally questionable things they do, I feel like I understand those characters nonetheless. So, I think I'll make a Thouzer set next from Hoktuo no Ken/Fist of the North Star. :^_^: Just need to find the materials now.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 28 Nov 2021, 23:42

Ok, so here's my Souther set. I had to use remove.bg to make the render because I just wasn't really getting it how I wanted with Photopea or the background eraser app. Glad it came out how it did, but I still had to use the app to erase the shadow. I think they turned out ok, don't you? :^_^:
Avy:
  Spoiler:  
Sigs:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 29 Nov 2021, 23:00

I realized sometime today, or maybe last night, that the colors were also the colros of the Chargers, so I think I subconsciously picked those colors just to be defiant towards mom and dad. Which is just silly since they never come here. lol So, I changed the blue to red to signify just how bloody the Fist of the North Star series is. And omg, it blew my mind when I watched the dubbed portion. lol As a kid it was like my dream anime when it came on Showtime Beyond. So, here's the set with the blue turned to red. idk I kind of like it better with that, yellow was the color of his attacks, much like blue was Kenshiro's. Not sure if it would be called chi though or something else. I thought about using the colors in the FotNS: Ken's Rage game he has of black and dark purple, but I don't know if many people would get the reference.
Avy:
  Spoiler:  
Sigs:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 02 Dec 2021, 01:50

So, I wanted to do a Ryuga (from Fist of the North Star) set, and here it is. I'm a sucker for any brother sister sibling blond, so I went for Ryuga but I also intend to do one of Rei. I might switch back and forth sometimes, like I did with my Seifer/Squall sets. The blue is for the cold feeling his technique instills into the people it's used on.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 02 Dec 2021, 03:10

When I was playing Thouzer's dream mode in Ken's Rage (1st one) the 1st chapter has Ryuga as an enemy, so it reminded me of how much I liked his character. So, I wanted to do something different since I'm still in that Fist of the North Star mindset right now. I think it looks decent. :^_^:

Ryuga wanted peace in a violent era where it seemed like the only peace would come from an iron fist, so I didn't really understand it the last time I tried to get it but I do now. So, since Kenshiro's ways are kind of more warm-hearted, unless it's thugs anyway. So, since Kenshiro's strength came from anger I can see how Ryuga was trying to make Kenshiro even stronger with... what he did. I'll avoid saying what he did though. His mind was on the bigger picture, which I think was still admirable. Impossible choices for an impossible era.

That's why I like Ryuga anyway. :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 03 Dec 2021, 01:38

I decided to see what the same font of the Ryuga set would look like with my Thouzer set, so here's what it looks like. Avy first, Sig below it.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 05 Dec 2021, 10:50

I have to try to go to sleep, but Saturday I was really just depressed and all kinds of negative, so I didn't want to bring that to AL so I've been playing Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage a lot using Rei. I figured since I've only got the game as a reference for his whole story I'd use that version of him for a set. I've also decided to use the VG versions of Thouzer and Ryuga for a set too, but I'll do that tomorrow. After playing as Rei for a good number of hours I got motivated.

So, I resized the Nanto Roku Sei (the six stars of Nanto Seiken from the Fist of the North Star anime pic I found since I couldn't find one big enough for my usual 1000x360 size I use for sig pics. The first pic is on top, the resized one is on the bottom. I think the blue frame around the sig pic looks better, but what do you think? And took forever to make the avy, I had to find an online site to convert the mp4 into a gif. It's from the opening movie cinematic of the first Ken's Rage game. So, let me know what you think. Looks better with the blue border or without?

Background Pic
  Spoiler:  
Original BG Pic:Image
Resized BG Pic:Image

Avatars (I did 2 different fonts):
  Spoiler:  

Sigs without frames:
  Spoiler:  

Sigs with frames:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 06 Dec 2021, 21:16

So, just kind of been making a Thouzer from Ken's Rage (PS3) set. The colors of the text are the colors of his Signature Skills. Originally I wanted red for the text, but that just didn't look right. So, I experimented with making t black with purple outer glow and I think it looks kewl. I can't make the decision about the border though, but I think a white border is perfect. Like a reflection of how that small light is still somewhere inside of Thouzer as we see during his final moments just before he dies from Kenshiro's merciful technique. I'd love to be able to seal off my emotions, but unfortunately now matter how hard I try I just can't. Anyway though, here's one of my favorite sets so far. The background is still the six nanto stars from the anime.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 09 Dec 2021, 01:35

So, I've been thinking a lot about Big Sis. What she'd be like at 40 years old, which is what her age would be if she was still with us. She was 7 years older than me. I always thought that number was kinda kewl. I got to thinking along the way about Sango and Kohaku (and of course Kilala) so I made another Sango, Kohaku, and Kilala set. Here they are, but I did some resizing to make it as big as possible without distorting the gifs too much for more surface to write the username on. Plus with smaller gifs the text is actually harder to read, so I think it was a successful experiment. :^_^: I couldn't find a free version of the InuYasha logo font though, so I found one called Ultimate Slayer to use for the username, and a font called Wrath Styles (got both from DaFont.com) is what I used for their quotes. So, without further adieu, here's my new set:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 17 Dec 2021, 23:33

So, I wanted to add a border to the animated gif badly enough that I edited all 3 gifs with GIF Maker Editor to add a soft edge frame to them then compiled all 3 gifs into one, like I usually do with more than 1 gif that I want to combine. I'm still using the Ultimate Slayer font for the username font that I got from dafont.com . Then I already had a sig pic with a soft edge frame so it worked out. :^_^: How's it look?
New combined animated gif avy with soft edge frame: Image

At the least I have the option now to do one or the other, border or no border. :^_^: I love Sango and Kohaku. Of course can't forget Kilala. :dance: It makes me think of big sis's cat that she called Lilu, after the character Milla Jovovich played in The Fifth Element which was her favorite movie. She wanted to spell it differently though.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Dec 2021, 04:08

So I just made this wallpaper of Sango, Kohaku and Kilala from InuYasha. The render was a little messed up though, so I had to fix it. I still need to fix my sig with the repaired render though now that I'm looking at the sig pic. But this wallpaper is one I'm proud of. It was simple and easy to make, but definitely makes me nostalgic about my big sister being around and how she'd visit every month when she moved out. Such an awesome big sis. :^_^: Let me know what you think~ :)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Dec 2021, 05:26

Ok, so kind of caught the Yugioh fever again. lol I've revised my Joey x Mai set. Using the Wicked Grit font I got from dafont.com a while ago when looking for ideal fonts for Fist of the North Star sets. And Joey's all about grit as we all know. lol So, here's what I've made as a set using Joey and May. :^_^: I've used colors for their hair, Mai's clothes and the wing color of the Harpie Lady Sisters, and the colors for the Red-Eyes Black Dragon card's art. It took me a while to actually decide on what colors though, but I think they make the most sense. I mean, otherwise what colors would fit, right? So, without further delay, here's my set creations with Joey and Mai in mind, and how I wish they would develop their relationship further. :^_^: Also finally added a border to the gif like I've been meaning to do. Voila:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Dec 2021, 06:20

I'll start using spoiler tags again because I think it clutters up the screen if I don't. But it bothered me how the outer glow of the sig text looks like it gets cut off by the soft edge border on the bottom so I moved it and changed how big it is. Sometimes less really is more.
  Spoiler: