Emotive's GFX Experimentation Log

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 16 Apr 2021, 05:59

PharaohAtem wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 03:32
nice wallpaper

Thanks, Atem ^_^ After listening to Fragments of Memories from the FF8 soundtrack I decided to switch back, but realized I didn't put text in a Squall gif yet. So that's what I've been doing all this time. Being a perfectionist when it comes to your own experiments can really be counter-intuitive sometimes. lol Originally I planned a combined gif of 
included with the gif of my current avatar but I guess the size was too big because it didn't go through. lol So I had to cut out the fire works dance gif part of it to make it fit. I mean idk if it was actually over a file size limit though, just what I assumed. But then I couldn't find the end part of the gif with Rinoa so I did a LOT of image searching until I finally found one the same exact dimensions as the first part I had. What I mean is I only had this part:
Image but didn't have this part with Rinoa: Image so I had to combine the 2 gifs. I wasn't going to just cut Rinoa out of it, she's one of the most important characters. ^_^ But jeez, I didn't know I could be so determined to do something. Sheesh. The end result though I'm satisfied with, especially how I made the scar in the text from upper left down to lower right, just like Squall's scar. ^_^ Wish I would've thought of that with the Seifer + Ultimecia gif, but I did save it as a .psd with Photopea too, so I always could try. But for now I'm loving my work. :dance: Might make a Squall + Rinoa wallpaper tomorrow similar to the other one I made of Seifer + Ultimecia. But yeah, totally worn out now and just going to save that for tomorrow or the next day to just kick back and n'joy my handywork.  :D I didn't mean for it to take so long though. :sweatdrop:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 Apr 2021, 16:22

Cool

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 16 Apr 2021, 17:31

PharaohAtem wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 16:22
Cool
Right? :dance: ^_^ I might start on that Squall and Rinoa wallpaper though like I had an idea about last night. It's definitely early enough to where I could do a lot of experimenting. I shall do it!! :D

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 16 Apr 2021, 20:57

I haven't made a Squall x Rinoa wallpaper just yet because it bothered me how Squall's scar was wrong on the horizontally flipped image of the render I used of him for this sig:
So I ended up redoing the Squall x Rinoa sig pic. lol I'll just make the wallpaper later. I've been messing with the render to get the excessive red covered with the light blue of the inner glow I used. I've been up since 9am messing around with it. xD Here's the new result though that I'm happier with (left one is with white trim since you can't really see the black trim. I'm not sure which one I like, the right one with no trim/frame/border or the one on the left with a vidible trim:
ImageImage
I might alternate I guess? :sweatdrop:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 17 Apr 2021, 00:26

I like then both, but and dont kill me you might wanna make the top and bottom where the words dont look cluttered because of the glowing letters for some reason they seem too close together. It could be me too looking on my phone.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 17 Apr 2021, 00:31

PharaohAtem wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 00:26
I like then both, but and dont kill me you might wanna make the top and bottom where the words dont look cluttered because of the glowing letters for some reason they seem too close together. It could be me too looking on my phone.
Thanks, Atem. ^_^ I did wonder if it was just me but I didn't feel like fixing it. lol I do now though and it helps that someone else noticed too. It's weird though because I used spaces. I think I'll leave the fancy glowy stuff to Photopea and do the text like I had it before. It was easier on the eyes, I can admit that. Thanks for the input, Atem. *BEARHUGZ* It helps know it wasn't just me. :sweatdrop: I'll get on fixing it though now.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by PharaohAtem » 17 Apr 2021, 00:36

Yeah the middle glowy was fine just not the top and bottom. I like glowy stuff I wanna know how to do it what program do you use?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 17 Apr 2021, 01:59

PharaohAtem wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 00:36
Yeah the middle glowy was fine just not the top and bottom. I like glowy stuff I wanna know how to do it what program do you use?

I had a feeling that's what you meant. ^_^ I use photopea, which is remarkably similar to photoshop but 100% free. You can either use it in a browser on their website https://www.photopea.com/ or you can install the app from their site from the More tab in the Photopea tabs in the upper left inside the browser. I just chose to install it in case our power goes out because it does for sometimes no apparent reason. >_< But you could totally use it just from the browser without installing if you want to do that too. ^_^ How I do it is use Gradient Fill after right-clicking the text bar that appears in the lower right where layers are shown and make my own gradient. Usually it's black, red, orange (my choice for Seifer) or black, blue, light blue (my choice for Squall stuff), but there's all kinds of experimenting to do too. There are also tutorials though. But I just experimented. lol I also use Photoshop Express for frames/borders/trim. If you want to use it though I'll totally help out by sharing what I've learned from using it. :dance:

Oh, and this one should be better looking: I think it's better, how about you? ^_^

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 17 Apr 2021, 02:38

I still saw some of the black box bg that came with the text file so I fixed that (I think) with my new one.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 17 Apr 2021, 03:21

It wasn't center. lol IT looks more center now though. I mean, is it just me though or does it look more centered? /:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Apr 2021, 02:46

I decided to revise my Ultimecia x Seifer sig and avy. I was just learning that I could put text in the gif using Photopea, so these colors seemed to really vibe with Ultimecia and Edea's colors, the gold hue in Seifer's outline (inner glow anyway) is gold for the Aura spell, but also as kind of a nod to his Limit Break, Fire Cross. Obviously I couldn't put the Emotive Spirit any further left or Ultimecia's face would be too covered. lol But here's the fruits of my experimentation with Photopea (Sorceress' Knight style) ^_^

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Apr 2021, 07:17

I think I shall. ^_^ I'm kind of enjoying the gfx experiments. Finding out different ways to tweak them using Photopea is pretty fun. :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Apr 2021, 07:27

Thanks. ^_^ I'm glad it does. Well, actually I'm just glad I'm good at something.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Emotive GFX Log

Post by Emotive » 18 Apr 2021, 08:04

I hope so. ^_^ But I do wonder if I should do a triple threat sig of Edea, Squall, and Rinoa, then Ultimecia, Seifer, and Edea. That's for tomorrow though. If I got started right now I'd never get tired enough to sleep. lol I love the idea though. :dance: