Lambda-Sky, Cheaters Lose Out.

Make a topic about anything and everything and join in! Craziness, roleplay, spam, games, memes and fun!

Moderators: Ojisama, Tuffin

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Feb 2021, 01:56

To be honest Naughty Kitty this isn't about you. You accepted your fault fairly. You can't take the blame for someone who made a bot when I specifically told them in chatroom not to make a bot as that is against the rules.

@lambda-sky if you want to be a robot and just take things from others fair enough, but that kind of selfish behaviour isn't welcome here.

As I quote the rules "Similarly, this also includes no "bad posting behaviours". Such as posting many topics in one go (as we judge it - typically if you're posting more than 6 in an hour - no), posting a mass of say 20+ images deliberately to spam up a topic, making double or triple posts etc. Common sense here rules - we will determine if you're being unreasonable, but again the rule of "do not be a dick" applies here."

You're being a dick, don't do that. Simple.
Everyone makes mistakes and wrong choices in life, either redeem yourself or move on.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 27 Feb 2021, 01:58

I think the refusal to apologise is very bad in the first instance
---

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 27 Feb 2021, 02:02

@Naughty Kitty I get why you might feel bad but this isn’t your fault. Spamming was allowed for this short period of time, under the assumption that everyone would play by the rules and well, just have fun. But Lambda was the one who decided to take it upon themselves to take it further and cheat which in my opinion just takes the fun out of it for everybody else.

If @lambda-sky hadn’t known it was wrong and apologised and said they wouldn’t do it again, this WOULDNT be an issue. We could have all laughed and gone back to silly posts. But lambda was told only the other day by Mel, an admin, that it was wrong, and still chose to do it. And even if that had been a genuine mistake, even if they thought it wasn’t actually against the rules, the replies here are honestly just disgusting, it comes across as totally disrespectful of AL, the rules, and the people who make the community a strong place to be. And I don’t think anyone can realistically defend that behaviour if they care about this community.
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 27 Feb 2021, 02:04

I mean Reddit is huge and a big success because they used bots themselves to make it look like they had tons of traffic.

Now they actually do.

So are they bad? Depends on the purpose.
本好きの下剋上

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Feb 2021, 02:05

Baby Myne wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 02:04
I mean Reddit is huge and a big success because they used bots themselves to make it look like they had tons of traffic.

Now they actually do.

Not in this type of community though. If bots spammed your RPs you wouldn't be happy. There's a line

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 27 Feb 2021, 02:05

BabyMellody wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 02:02
@Naughty Kitty I get why you might feel bad but this isn’t your fault. Spamming was allowed for this short period of time, under the assumption that everyone would play by the rules and well, just have fun. But Lambda was the one who decided to take it upon themselves to take it further and cheat which in my opinion just takes the fun out of it for everybody else.

If @lambda-sky hadn’t known it was wrong and apologised and said they wouldn’t do it again, this WOULDNT be an issue. We could have all laughed and gone back to silly posts. But lambda was told only the other day by Mel, an admin, that it was wrong, and still chose to do it. And even if that had been a genuine mistake, even if they thought it wasn’t actually against the rules, the replies here are honestly just disgusting, it comes across as totally disrespectful of AL, the rules, and the people who make the community a strong place to be. And I don’t think anyone can realistically defend that behaviour if they care about this community.

Seems to be the behavior of someone literally taking the piss and laughing at the community. He even laughed.

Says it all.
---

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 27 Feb 2021, 02:06

Baby Myne wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 02:04

Now they actually do.

it does depend on the purpose, but if you’re told it’s wrong and then choose to joke about it rather than just say “oh, sorry I didn’t realise” then I think that says it all
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Feb 2021, 02:14

End of the day rules were broken. We don't accept any type of bot on these forums. Have we ever? No. So just accept that you were in the wrong and broke the rules.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 27 Feb 2021, 02:19

Naughty Kitty wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 01:12
This is my fault. If anyone is guilty here it's me.

Now there's a lot of reasons why that's true some of which I can't really go into here. But here's main thing and I KNOW this for a fact, this would never have happened if I hadn't started spamming to the point where Mike had to lock to several threads and discuss the issue with me personally to get it to stop.

When the AL spam thread was made I made sure we could really spam as much as we wanted. I took full advantage, frankly I wanted the points to satisfy an achievement. Legal? Yes. However I should have for seen (for reasons I can't go into here) what this might result in.

The warning signs were there, I probably more then anyone else was aware of what was happening in CL. I ignored those signs for my own selfish aims and I am eternally ashamed of that.

Now lambda-sky is paying the price for that arrogance and selfishness on my point. I cannot allow that to go unanswered. I can't and won't go into all the specifics, but I'm more then anyone else at fault. Not lambda, granted he did make the bot, did deploy it, but in the end it was me.

So Mike, Mel, etc. You want your pound of flesh, I'm willing to give it. I could have remained silent, let Lam take the fall alone, but I can't. I won't. I stand with him. Punishment should go to those really responsible. Well I am. If you want to punish someone punish me, okay? We can talk here, DMs whatever. But let's let the weight of guilt fall on the right shoulders okay?

And to lambda-sky all I have to say is I'm sorry.

I really don't think you had any involvement here... I wouldn't pin any blame on you honestly.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 27 Feb 2021, 02:21

I agree with Lolin I don't really think this is Naughty Kitty's fault at all

I also agree since this was against the rules this was wrong. I was just stating bots in themselves should not be looked down at. The actions on how they were employed though was wrong. Further there was a warning not to use them initially. So I can't defend Lambda's action here at all.
本好きの下剋上

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 27 Feb 2021, 03:14

I think its not even about the rules here, it's letting down other members who were doing this legit. Not cool.
---

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 27 Feb 2021, 03:22

Indeed it was a competition and was suppose to between person to person without aid. Bots can't be considered cool at all when you consider others.

It isn't competitive in nature at all which this was suppose to be.
本好きの下剋上

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 27 Feb 2021, 06:37

Aye, it was a competition and is supposed to be fun, like CL spam events in the past. I don't recall anybody really being bothered about the winner of such events, except maybe a bit of friendly jabbing and having fun. But adding a cheat element disrupts that feeling, and could leave a stain as a whole. Apologies would be a start to cure that, but other than that I guess it's in the mods' hands and paws on how to resolve that.. :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 27 Feb 2021, 14:56

What's with all this drama? Everyone just needs to chill out.
My actions weren't appreciated and I've accepted the punishment.
I wish you would have just had a private chat instead of making this stupid thread.
I tried to play along and use humor to defuse the situation and mend some bridges.
It didn't work. Fine. Just lock the thread in that case.
To be honest @Furryfire as a community leader you've handled this incredibly poorly.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Feb 2021, 17:29

lambda-sky wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 14:56
What's with all this drama? Everyone just needs to chill out.
My actions weren't appreciated and I've accepted the punishment.
I wish you would have just had a private chat instead of making this stupid thread.
I tried to play along and use humor to defuse the situation and mend some bridges.
It didn't work. Fine. Just lock the thread in that case.
To be honest @Furryfire as a community leader you've handled this incredibly poorly.

I did tell you to PM him to discuss but you just ignored that and were more concerned about posting here again. So you took that choice. Still see no apology.