Is pineapple on pizza a sin

Make a topic about anything and everything and join in! Craziness, roleplay, spam, games, memes and fun!

Moderators: Ojisama, Tuffin

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Is pineapple on pizza a sin

Post by GraceMellody » 10 Jul 2019, 19:09

Discuss
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Tuffin
Miyu Member
Miyu Member
United States of America

Re: Is pineapple on pizza a sin

Post by Tuffin » 10 Jul 2019, 20:20

No

It's my preferred pizza topping, specially with ham too

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 10 Jul 2019, 20:45

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 10 Jul 2019, 21:30

Citizen wrote:Image

Is that a yes
@MelodiqueArt

Master of Vvardenfel
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Master of Vvardenfel » 10 Jul 2019, 23:57

Citizen wrote:Image

Setsuna
Veteran Member
Australia

Post by Setsuna » 11 Jul 2019, 00:17

Master of Vvardenfel wrote:Image

I third this motion.

ImageImage
Pirate Timelord: I mean, Arya is Arya, but not Arya? :: Bert: Help me make sense of this, Timelord.
Pirate Timelord: They're both now Schrodinger's Arya's' Both accounts both being and not being Arya.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Jul 2019, 01:10

I'm going to assume that, it is indeed, a yes.
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Jul 2019, 14:26

Tuffin wrote:No

It's my preferred pizza topping, specially with ham too

Tuffin came out in favour :P
@MelodiqueArt

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 12 Jul 2019, 00:56

Tuffin likes everything terrible.

That's why I'm her favorite.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jul 2019, 01:10

Citizen wrote:Tuffin likes everything terrible.

That's why I'm her favorite.

Good point.
@MelodiqueArt

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 12 Jul 2019, 08:04

Yes Pineapple on pizza is a sin.

But its so good to sin.

*Smears self with pizza*
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jul 2019, 20:17

*raises eyebrow* Another good point!
@MelodiqueArt

Stuffisshort
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Stuffisshort » 12 Jul 2019, 21:53

Why pineapple on pizza is not a sin - by Stuffi

First off, for us to decide whether or not pineapple is a suitable topping on a pizza, we must look at what a pizza is.
A standard pizza ranges in size - 8" for personal, 10" for small, 12" for medium, 14" is large, 16" is extra-large and 18" is considered a New York style.
There are three main food groups that go into a standard pizza - carb/starch, vegetable and dairy. These come in the form of the crust, tomato base and cheese. Anything beyond this is up to the consumer, and their preference. Now that we've established the basis of a pizza, we must now consider how they all work together.
The crust is one of the - if not, THE most key ingredient here. It is the balance for all things savory, acidic, salty, sweet, etc.
The tomato base is crucial. Too little = a lackluster pizza. Too much = there is never too much tomato base.
Now, the cheese. The cheese acts as the glue, but the most delicious kind. It keeps that sauce and dough together and helps prevent it from falling apart, like a warm blanket that makes you feel safe at night.
Now on to the main focus of the topic - is pineapple is a suitable topping in this case? Well, now that we've looked at the main ingredients to a pizza, let's compare.
Since the crust is easily palatable and goes with any sense of taste, we can conclude that, yes, it will pair with the crust.
The tomato base is what makes this work out so well. You see, tomatoes are acidic by nature, and when creating a tomato sauce, you must add sugar to cut the acidity. This is basic knowledge. By adding pineapple to this, not only are we strengthening that flavor of tomato by cutting that acidity, we are also adding a tart punch to the sauce, which makes it all stand out.
And now the cheese. Cheese is fairly salty, and as we all know, sweet and salty go hand in hand. Don't believe me? Let's take a look at some other sweet and salty all-star combinations.
- French fries and ice cream
- Caramel popcorn
- Chocolate covered bacon
- Sea salt and chocolate

In conclusion, pineapple is an ideal topping on pizza because of how well it pairs with every food group and flavor that goes into a pizza.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 12 Jul 2019, 21:54

Stuffisshort wrote:Why pineapple on pizza is not a sin - by Stuffi

First off, for us to decide whether or not pineapple is a suitable topping on a pizza, we must look at what a pizza is.
A standard pizza ranges in size - 8" for personal, 10" for small, 12" for medium, 14" is large, 16" is extra-large and 18" is considered a New York style.
There are three main food groups that go into a standard pizza - carb/starch, vegetable and dairy. These come in the form of the crust, tomato base and cheese. Anything beyond this is up to the consumer, and their preference. Now that we've established the basis of a pizza, we must now consider how they all work together.
The crust is one of the - if not, THE most key ingredient here. It is the balance for all things savory, acidic, salty, sweet, etc.
The tomato base is crucial. Too little = a lackluster pizza. Too much = there is never too much tomato base.
Now, the cheese. The cheese acts as the glue, but the most delicious kind. It keeps that sauce and dough together and helps prevent it from falling apart, like a warm blanket that makes you feel safe at night.
Now on to the main focus of the topic - is pineapple is a suitable topping in this case? Well, now that we've looked at the main ingredients to a pizza, let's compare.
Since the crust is easily palatable and goes with any sense of taste, we can conclude that, yes, it will pair with the crust.
The tomato base is what makes this work out so well. You see, tomatoes are acidic by nature, and when creating a tomato sauce, you must add sugar to cut the acidity. This is basic knowledge. By adding pineapple to this, not only are we strengthening that flavor of tomato by cutting that acidity, we are also adding a tart punch to the sauce, which makes it all stand out.
And now the cheese. Cheese is fairly salty, and as we all know, sweet and salty go hand in hand. Don't believe me? Let's take a look at some other sweet and salty all-star combinations.
- French fries and ice cream
- Caramel popcorn
- Chocolate covered bacon
- Sea salt and chocolate

In conclusion, pineapple is an ideal topping on pizza because of how well it pairs with every food group and flavor that goes into a pizza.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Wrong.

Stuffisshort
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Stuffisshort » 12 Jul 2019, 21:55

Citizen wrote:Wrong.

But you didn't even READ it
*Snaps*