Thank You For Attending Manchester Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Reactions

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Thank You For Attending Manchester Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Reactions

Post by Ferefire » 08 Apr 2024, 23:24

We'd like to thank all of you for attending Manchester Anime & Gaming Con!

We look forward to seeing you all at the next Manchester Anime & Gaming Con next April (dates will be announced shortly)! In the meantime why not check out some of our other events such as Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con at this link. You can also download the phone app at www.animeleague.app to view our full calendar.

Got any stories, photos or feedback? Put them in this topic :)
---

Doll88
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Doll88 » 09 Apr 2024, 07:11

We attended the Anime-con on Sunday 7th April, although we really enjoyed it, we was glad to get early access tickets as by 12 clock you could hardly move with the amount of people that came. Making it hard to enjoy after this, my son has autism so this meant us having to leave early due to my son having sensory overload due to the crowds.
I would like to see the next one done outside, with more space to move around, with variety of different stalls and possible fair ground rides, making it a full fun day for everyone.
Other than that we really enjoyed it, thank you

Lady77!
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Lady77! » 09 Apr 2024, 08:39

Same here. I attended with 2 autistic children and myself and the other adult who came have ADHD. There were meltdowns, not just the kids.
We all found it so loud and overwhelming I don’t think we’ll be be attending anymore.

Lady77!
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Lady77! » 09 Apr 2024, 08:59

This was our 4th Anime & Gaming Con. The venues have always been a little tight to navigate but as a person with sensory sensitivities and an autistic child this time around was too much. We attended both days- we left early on Saturday and even earlier on Sunday due to meltdowns.
The layout of the halls was dreadful. Walking straight in to the flow of traffic with no transition made it overwhelming immediately.

I found putting the stage in the Artist’s Alley the worst bit. There was nothing to absorb any noise making it nearly impossible to hear anything the venders were saying.
Thankfully I’d brought my earplugs and my child had their headphones because the volume of the music and background noise was over stimulating and disorienting.

I felt so rubbish after the entire experience I don’t want to attend anymore.
(Especially after getting rinsed by the NCP! £30 for parking!)

Mary smith 1950
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Mary smith 1950 » 09 Apr 2024, 09:13

This wasn't a real convention was only expensive merchandise. I feel I waste my money .
Nothing was like you published in you website
I feel you cheating the people

Mary smith 1950
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Mary smith 1950 » 09 Apr 2024, 09:14

:ohno: :ohno:

kobitrevor6
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by kobitrevor6 » 09 Apr 2024, 11:39

I have been to a lot of anime league comic cons and this was the abousoule best, the shao dow show was a full hour and there was standing room at the performance, thats what the fans want! 
Attachments
2.jpg
Shao
2.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 232 times
1.jpg
Crowd
1.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 232 times

TheCaptainsChair
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheCaptainsChair » 09 Apr 2024, 12:27

This was my second year attending with my kids, both really enjoyed it and met some great people there! I also found it novel being asked for photos with my Mahito outfit, never experienced that before!

Overall I really enjoyed it, one or two things I feel would enhance the experience a bit more
1) Manga is a huge part of why anime is popular but I only found one stall selling only a handful of manga. Is it as possible there might be an independent retailer who could attend on site with a wider selection of titles and box sets? As a 39 year old turning 40 soon, there isn't much merch wise here I would invest in (although my kids certainly do) but I do enjoy reading manga.

2) It's called the Anime & Gaming Con but gaming is given short shrift I feel, it's limited to console tournaments (which aren't inclusive to all), and tabletop, which is good but only if you can get a seat at said table. If there was some aspect of stage presentation that maybe put some spotlight on video gaming in a fun way, that would be cool.

Overall though, had a really great time this year, thanks!