Are there any UK Charities that would take a non working HP printer?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Mar 2024, 10:16

Above.

I bought a new printer on Amazon last week, which came on Sunday afternoon, to replace another HP that no longer works for some reason.

Would there be any Charities that would take a non-working Printer? I'm loath to put it on eBay as the last 3 out of 4 times I sold on there the stuff's gone walkies in the post.

I am aware of Google.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 19 Mar 2024, 11:19

I doubt a charity would want broken stuff, they have loads of that junk.
You could always put out a craigslist ad for a free broken printer for pickup only. I'm sure theres someone like me near you that would come pick it up cause they can fix it.
Or take it to a local electronics repair shop, tell them its broken and you just want to get rid of it. They usually take junk, fix it and sell it for cheap. Better than it going to a landfill somewhere.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Mar 2024, 18:52

Beerkeg wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 11:19
I doubt a charity would want broken stuff, they have loads of that junk.
You could always put out a craigslist ad for a free broken printer for pickup only. I'm sure theres someone like me near you that would come pick it up cause they can fix it.
Or take it to a local electronics repair shop, tell them its broken and you just want to get rid of it. They usually take junk, fix it and sell it for cheap. Better than it going to a landfill somewhere.

In actual fact I know somewhere local that might be able to do something with it, Aspire Sheffield, based at Soar Works in Parson Cross.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Mar 2024, 11:02

Can try it :) They may just sell it for parts or not even realize it doesn't work! :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Mar 2024, 11:03

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 11:02
Can try it :) They may just sell it for parts or not even realize it doesn't work! :)

Turns out the old Printer does work, someone had put duff cartridges in.