Look Who's Talking remake afoot

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 Mar 2024, 21:17

Link

I personally loved the original, starring John Travolta and the late Kirstie Alley, and the voice of Bruce Willis as baby Mikey.

I'm sure I read on Facebook last week that a proper sequel is planned for release in December this year, starring John Travolta, but obviously Kirstie Alley died last year.

Hmm, turns out the "sequel" is fake!

There was a poster on Facebook last week posted by some guy called YODABYABY, apparently it's a fake! Meh, the movie would've sucked anyway, just like in 1993, the one with the talking dogs sucked.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 17 Mar 2024, 09:49

The sequel was poor, glad there wasn't a reboot; Even though a proper reboot can be fun, I'm not sure the general audience would be waiting for this one. Then again..
No one ever listens to Zathras.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 29 Mar 2024, 19:50

There are a lot of these Fanfiction trailers around on FB. You have got to be careful and do a bit of background checking before you repost any trailer that isn't from an official studio account.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Mar 2024, 20:46

Ojisama wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 19:50
There are a lot of these Fanfiction trailers around on FB. You have got to be careful and do a bit of background checking before you repost any trailer that isn't from an official studio account.

I also don't see how they could do a remake of LWT anyway, Kirstie Alley died last year, and with all due respect to him, John Travolta's a bit old for it all now.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)