WWE Raw to Netflix from January 2025

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Jan 2024, 19:52

Above

According to the website, it declares the WWE Network pretty much redundant outside the US, as it'll stream weekly events, as well as all the Premium Live Events.

To be honest I have mixed views on this, I mean yeah OK Netflix is significantly cheaper, even with ads, than paying a tenner a month for the Network, and I restarted my account last week for Cobra Kai and Masters of the Universe Revelation, but WWE would lose a significant amount of International money with this.

Thoughts?

And no, I don't want people to debate whether wrestling is "real or fake"!

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 24 Jan 2024, 16:14

well being a former pro wrestler (I did 8 years with FSW in kings lynn) I can assure you the moves we do in the ring and the injuries I’ve sustained from wrestling aren’t fake
……………But I digress

For me WWE moving onto Netflix is a good thing. The one reason that I stopped watching raw and smackdown is that I wasn’t going to pay for an additional streaming service to watch WWE when I was already shelling out for AEW+ (and yeah I know dynamite and collision are free on ITV but I like to watch it live as it happens and you don’t get Rampage on ITV). So now that it’s moving to Netflix, a streaming service I already pay for anyway, it makes WWE more accessible for me.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Jan 2024, 16:18

Elgood81 wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 16:14
well being a former pro wrestler (I did 8 years with FSW in kings lynn) I can assure you the moves we do in the ring and the injuries I’ve sustained from wrestling aren’t fake
……………But I digress

For me WWE moving onto Netflix is a good thing. The one reason that I stopped watching raw and smackdown is that I wasn’t going to pay for an additional streaming service to watch WWE when I was already shelling out for AEW+ (and yeah I know dynamite and collision are free on ITV but I like to watch it live as it happens and you don’t get Rampage on ITV). So now that it’s moving to Netflix, a streaming service I already pay for anyway, it makes WWE more accessible for me.

Rampage is on ITV actually, I a Thursday.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 24 Jan 2024, 16:47

Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 16:18
Elgood81 wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 16:14
……………But I digress

Rampage is on ITV actually, I a Thursday.

yeah but they’re a week behind, like I said I like to watch it live as it happens