Should I go back on Facebook or Twitter?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Facebook
33%
Twitter
No votes
Both
No votes
None of the above
67%

Total votes: 3

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Jan 2024, 10:15

Above, I recently deleted my accounts on both due to problems with intense trolling, and because they're hosted in the US, where under the 2nd or 3rd Amendment, they can say what they want to whom they want and begger the consequences, the Mods never do anything when I report the offensive stuff.

However in some ways, I miss Facebook, as I did talk to a few people on there who I actually know offline.

Should I reactivate my account?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Jan 2024, 16:05

If you leave your Facebook account open to the public, you get what you get. Make it friends only, and then you can remove those "friends" who start trolling you and have a peaceful life.

I'm not on twitter so I have no opinion on that.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Jan 2024, 18:03

Ojisama wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 16:05
If you leave your Facebook account open to the public, you get what you get. Make it friends only, and then you can remove those "friends" who start trolling you and have a peaceful life.

I'm not on twitter so I have no opinion on that.

Yeah about 14 years ago I volunteered for SYP down in Hellaby, teaching kids the dangers of social media (even though these kids were aged 10/11 so they weren't legally allowed on FB anyway) so I knew to set it to friends only.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)