Do any of you guys celebrate Valentine's Day (14th of Feb)?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Jan 2024, 19:20

I used to, but now, I think it's just a ply by card shops to sell schmaltzy cards and cheap tatt between Christmas and Easter! Must be getting cynical in my old age lol!

How about you lot?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 18 Jan 2024, 19:53

Of course. You don't reach over 25 years of married life without showing that special someone that you care.

You don't have to spend a lot of money and you shouldn't limit it to just St Valentine's Day.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Jan 2024, 19:55

Ojisama wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 19:53
Of course. You don't reach over 25 years of married life without showing that special someone that you care.

You don't have to spend a lot of money and you shouldn't limit it to just St Valentine's Day.

Yeah, I've just never had a "significant other" to spend time/money on (and it's unlikely I ever will - Feel free to get the Violins out :D )
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 19 Jan 2024, 20:47

I'm themey about holidays. I celebrate them all!!

If I wasn't single I would go all out in some way with whoever it was i was with.

Whew!!!!!!

But since I am single, I get to have fun eating all the chocolate hearts and convos hearts I can find.

I also have a Valentine's sig for here.

And I'll prolly watch a mooshy anime and some movies. Ooh, Twilight maybe? Valentine's and Halloween.

-edit- sig equiped

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 24 Jan 2024, 16:32

I’ll be in Tokyo again for Valentine’s Day this year. I like the way the Japanese do Valentine’s Day and then a month later, White day.

Sadly for me I won’t be celebrating Valentine’s Day again this year. It’s been 4 years since the last time I had a reason to do the whole valentines thing. The whole thing just makes me painfully aware of how single I am and how much it sucks being alone on Valentine’s Day.
So I will probably just do what I did last year and find a nice little izakaya in Tokyo and drink to my singleness