Did anyone watch the new Gladiators tonight?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Jan 2024, 20:05

Presented by Bradley Walsh and his son Barney.

Whole new generation of Gladiators, including deaf 20 year old Sabre, and the guy who's possibly this generation's Wolf, Viper.

Some great events tonight, I didn't see who won the women's Eliminator as I got called in for tea.

I think the one we went to last July's on either next week or the week after as it was a quarter final.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jan 2024, 19:06

Correction: the deaf gladiator is Fury! and yes! I watched it yesterday and I quite liked it! Ofc its never going to be like the original but I appreciate the sentiment with having the theme tune and some of the old classic challenges. Im not a fan of some of the names though

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Jan 2024, 07:37

LilMissLarBear wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 19:06
Correction: the deaf gladiator is Fury! and yes! I watched it yesterday and I quite liked it! Ofc its never going to be like the original but I appreciate the sentiment with having the theme tune and some of the old classic challenges. Im not a fan of some of the names though

Last July we actually attended one of the quarter final tapings down at the Utilita Arena.

Bit of a farce though, I ordered 2 free tickets for an earlier show, they turned round and said it was "over-subscribed", but they did give us tickets for another afternoon so it wasn't all bad.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)