Heart wrenching story on tonight's Corrie

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Heart wrenching story on tonight's Corrie

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Jan 2024, 20:34

Paul's obviously got MND, and needs a carer most of time, however, he was in need of a wee, obviously couldn't go himself and the carer hadn't turned up! Thing is I know it's a soap but I have proof that this does actually happen, carers don't turn up when they're needed, as between last Tuesday and yesterday, my own support worker hasn't turned up!

Obviously my need isn't as dire as Paul's but that's beside the point! Carers get paid to turn up, and if they don't, they want reporting IMO.

Not that the managers do anything when the staff do get reported!

Do you think the government should (but probably won't) intervene to improve recruitment in the care sector?

Well eventually the carer did turn up, but by this time it was too late so that's beside the flippin' point.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)