BBC The Traitors Series 2 [TV SHOW]

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 Jan 2024, 17:27

A new series of The Traitors premieres TONIGHT (Wednesday) at 9pm I'm so excited!!! :dance:

For those that don't know or haven't seen the first series it started last year hosted by Claudia Winklemen. It is essentially a reality TV show/game based on the tabletop game Werewolf. The show splits the contestants into Faithfuls and Traitors (last year 3 Traitors were selected I'm assuming it's going to be the same). During the night the Traitors meet up in secret to select a Faithful to "murder" which the selected Faithful will receive a delivered letter telling them they have been eliminated. During the daytime phase the contestants go about their day as well as doing a group challenge to earn money for the final prize pot. Afterwards the contestants gather round the table and debate on who they think the traitor is. They all vote and the person with the most votes is eliminated and they get to reveal whether they are a Faithful or Traitor.

Loads of stuff went down last season and I can't wait what this season has in store! I will be sharing my thoughts throughout but you are all welcome to discuss your thoughts and predictions throughout too!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 Jan 2024, 22:43

Oh wowie that first episode was great! Did not disappoint one bit! I could tell that they tried to not do the same things as they did last time. I feel like when I'm reviewing the episodes for me it only seems appropriate if I do a non spoiler portion and a spoiler portion of the post so for those who still need to watch it I won't reveal anything too spoiler worthy. If any replies do reveal too much I appreciate you add the spoiler tags too!

So. This season, just like the last one has 22 contestants and unlike last season, we start with 4 traitors as opposed to the previous 3. There is no murder or banishment this episode but we do get to see the first mission of the series which was worth £15,000 if they manage to finish it. Straight away I felt like the episode only paid attention to a handful of contestants, mostly the traitors and the main suspects that people had eyes on but that's about it. I wouldn't say I went away having a real connection with everyone compared to last season. It's quite obvious on who the producers of the show want you to pay attention to and basically don't give a shit about anyone else. Saying that it was really nice trying to piece things together, I had plenty of discussion with my mum on what my strategy would be and what I would have done. And yeah... I'm quite happy this program is back on

Now on to the spoiler section
  Spoiler:  
Overall I'm very happy with the selection of Traitors. Right out the gate I called it when Ash was picked and I told my mum that Harry would be a good one although I'm now nervous for him because I felt like he's already got people targeting him already (mostly Diane).

During the mission there were two people who we paid no attention to all episode that just decides to grab a shield as opposed to helping the team which I felt like on their part it's not well justified I think there were other people more worthy of getting that shield so I reckon those two people will have targets on their back for banishment. I think his name is Zak when someone pointed out that he said something like "oh I'm going to sleep well tonight" but yeah he's basically shot himself in the foot too because that's suspicious as heck

In terms of who I think will get recruited as the final Traitor I was hoping for Sonja but when they did the shot of someone in the Traitors cloak walking along the corridor they looked taller and Sonja is quite short. Strategically it could be Diane to cover Harry's back because she was on to him right away. But Paul could be a good contender to be Traitor- maybe peg him down a level since he did have himself down as the person most likely to win. If it is him this should prove it a challenge and he would probably get humbled quickly lol

For who I think could be murdered (and we will see this next episode along with who we see as the final Traitor my obvious guess would be Aubrey because he is already trying to suss people out and he is making it too obvious it's not low key at all and I reckon the Traitors will see this as a huge threat. Assuming Diane doesn't get recruited she could be up for potential murder as well as another way to cover up Harry's back but this could be a more dangerous move since this strategy could get flagged up.

Can't wait to hear other people's thoughts!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 05 Jan 2024, 14:51

Episode 2

So episode 2 was yesterday (Thursday) and here are my thoughts! Once again I will keep names out of it to avoid spoilers and I will do a separate spoiler section for those who have seen it. Reactions to spoilers are welcome but I appreciate it if you put spoiler tags on them please- just keep it considerate for others!

So the episode starts off with revealing who the other Traitors picked as their final Traitor, which was presented as a possibility between 4 people. The person who was actually picked for me, was the person who I would have least wanted as a Traitor imo but maybe that could work in their favour as this person is quite low key and seems to blend in well.

Next, with the murder selection I found this to be quite predictable as the selected person was quite strong and I felt like the Traitors' reasoning was quite obvious too. So far, Ive noticed compared to Season 1 these guys havent done anything too crazy and unexpected, already a different approach to last time. 

With the mission, I thought this was a nice and chill one compared to yesterdays. If im honest with Episode 1 I felt like the contestants were given quite a lot to do and it seemed like a very challenging first mission. As I probably mentioned before with Season 1 the missions at least got harder and harder but here it didnt seem the case. The mission in this episode did seem funny to watch at least. I did find some of the contestants acting a bit shady and I think their actions have for sure put a target on their back. 

And finally the banishment at the round table, I wont go into too much detail because a lot of stuff went down, a lot of names were thrown around for the first round table debate of the season. I was sort of expecting this outcome even though I was sad this person went home, they were one of my early faves. There was also a discussion on who the Traitors wanted to murder but that will be revealed next episode so I will give my thoughts on that after episode 3. Overall, this episode didnt seem as intense as episode one and there are a lot of people already being careless with their strategy. It will be interesting to see how this pans out

Spoiler:  
So here are the spoiler versions of my own thoughts about the episode:

-I saw Aubrey's murder coming, he tried to keep a low down but I personally felt like he could have caused problems for the Traitors later on- he seemed to be one to suss out people easily. I think the others were threatened when he said in the previous episode he knows who the Traitors are (even though he never gave names- probably a mind game to psych them out). Shame him being the first one gone, i kinda liked him

- Zach was real when he said to Kyra to give other people a chance to get a shield. Thats twice in a row Kyra wanted a shield, fair play she wants to guarentee protection but shes not being a team player in the challenges otherwise. I think there have been people more deserving of a shield than her

-Diane is a queen for guessing three of the Traitors already. Im all here for it lol. Not sure how long she will last though, she started cheering when a Faithful was revealed (because it wasnt who she voted for) but I can see that being flipped on her

- I can see Ross being thrown under the bus if Johnny gets murdered next after Johnny's comment about if Sonja is a faithful he will vote Ross next.

- Im so sad Sonja was the first banishment :( she was my early fave but I honestly think she was being too loud and forward. very careless gameplay

As always feel free to share your thoughts! 

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Jan 2024, 20:06

Strangely enough there was a question about this on tonight's "The Chase", the question was "What do they call contestants who aren't traitors?", as I recall the answer was er, "Faithful" I think.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 05 Jan 2024, 21:01

Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 20:06
Strangely enough there was a question about this on tonight's "The Chase", the question was "What do they call contestants who aren't traitors?", as I recall the answer was er, "Faithful" I think.

Yeeeessss! They are! :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Jan 2024, 11:44

Episode 3

What a great episode to round off the first week of shows! The next episode I believe isnt until probably next Wednesday (?) Im not sure. As always I will be posting my spoiler free review and then adding my spoiler worthy thoughts after. Once again feel free to add to the discussion and anything potentially spoiler worthy (e.g. murder victim, who gets banished etc) I ask you put spoiler tags over them  :)

So I will start by saying that this was probably the most tense episode yet and there was some very iconic moments to come out of this episode. The producers really said "don't let them know your next move" thats for sure lol. Ok so I will begin with the murder. Once again I was sort of expecting this person to get murdered. If anything they was the one person out of the shortlisted faithfuls that I hoped was going to get murdered although strategically I was hoping the Traitors would go a different direction based on a few things that was said at the previous round table I thought we were going to get someone thrown under the bus but this didnt exactly happen in this case. 

For the mission we had the obligatory "who is most likely to" task where the contestants had to guess correctly on a few statements and all the answers were based off a survey they all had to fill in. I'm never a fan of these types of tasks personally because it does forcefully ruffle some feathers and plants some false seeds in peoples head. Im thinking back to the previous season and I think one statement was "who is the most trustworthy" or something and one person got picked and then poof! he got murdered the next night so it definitely sets some people up for the worst. 

As for the round table, I won't say a lot here because this was there all the action happened but I will tell you my heart was racing the entire time it was really intense. A lot of names were put in, some I felt were throwaway votes and some were just based on 0 evidence other than the fact they just dont like the person they voted for (not a valid reason!). The vote did eventually end up in a three way tie which we wont know the outcome until next week (sadly) As a result we dont know who the Traitors put up for murder that night. 

And now on to the spoilers! 

Spoiler:  
Here we are again! Here are my spoiler worthy thoughts of this episode:

- Im so glad Kyra is murdered she was seriously annoying me, shouldnt have been so controlling! On the other hand if I was a Traitor in this scenario I would have murdered Johnny because it would have thrown Ross under the bus a bit as Johnny did say something like "you're next" to him at the round table so murdering Johnny would have raised suspicions about Ross 

- Paul telling Diane that Zack thought that they were mother and son was TV gold lol then Diane reveals to the viewers at home that Ross is actually her son?! oh my word thats probably the most beautiful TV moment I ever witnessed! Knowing they are going to keep it secret is even better! Also lets all pause for a moment for when Ross said that his mum doesnt make good roast dinners *in front of* Diane that was hilarious

-Brian was trying to pretend that the statement of him being the most likely to act like a sheep didnt get to him but it definitely did, his behaviour at the round table as a result was ridiculous like come on man its not that deep

-Charlotte is starting to do my head in. Once again calling Zack out for his behaviour when its literally how he is! Just leave the poor guy alone!

-The moment when Tracey was trying to read Antony's energy I swear i think the edit did her so dirty it made me laugh XD probably a whole hour converstaion cut into 1 minute and its just her going "Your past has made you the person you are today" like bruh you can say that for anyone lol

-Kaz and Meg didnt need to be called out at the round table idc what anyone says, it was unnecessary

-The three way tie had my heart beating so fast, and Paul and Harry throwing Ash under the bus! I knew it! I honestly think Ash is going home and if she stays Paul and Harry have a lot to answer for. I can see them both throwing Miles under the bus since Miles isnt really working with those two as much, he made his own vote.

Lauren
VG mod

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 13 Jan 2024, 23:26

What is it about? I heard the first season was good, but don't really get what is happening?
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jan 2024, 18:11

LikkleMel wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 23:26
What is it about? I heard the first season was good, but don't really get what is happening?

So if you ever played the tabletop game Werewolf its a bit like that. Most of the contestants are faithfuls and you have like 3 or 4 traitors. During the night the Traitors meet in secret to discuss who they want to murder and then after everyone goes out to do a mission to bank money for the prize pot. After the mission everyone gathers around the round table and discuss who they want to banish. It gets put to a vote and the person who has the most votes is out of the game and has to reveal if they are a Faithful or Traitor. At the end if there is at least one Traitor left then the Traitors win, if not Faithfuls win. And what they did last time was the players voted on if they wanted to end the game or not and if everyone is happy to end the game then everyone reveals if they are Faithful or Traitor. If even one person wants to keep going then votes open up again and that repeats until the game is finished

Lauren
VG mod

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 Jan 2024, 23:22

LilMissLarBear wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 18:11
LikkleMel wrote:

So if you ever played the tabletop game Werewolf its a bit like that. Most of the contestants are faithfuls and you have like 3 or 4 traitors. During the night the Traitors meet in secret to discuss who they want to murder and then after everyone goes out to do a mission to bank money for the prize pot. After the mission everyone gathers around the round table and discuss who they want to banish. It gets put to a vote and the person who has the most votes is out of the game and has to reveal if they are a Faithful or Traitor. At the end if there is at least one Traitor left then the Traitors win, if not Faithfuls win. And what they did last time was the players voted on if they wanted to end the game or not and if everyone is happy to end the game then everyone reveals if they are Faithful or Traitor. If even one person wants to keep going then votes open up again and that repeats until the game is finished

I do like Werewolf, might give it a try later tonight :)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 16 Jan 2024, 22:14

LilMissLarBear wrote:
LikkleMel wrote:

Would you also say its similar to CBBC Trapped?

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Jan 2024, 07:04

LikkleMel wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 22:14
LilMissLarBear wrote:
LikkleMel wrote:

Would you also say its similar to CBBC Trapped?

Kind of. In a sense they are both essentially betrayal games however its different in a sense that in Traitors everyone works together in the missions to bank money regardless of if they are traitor or faithful so there's no sabotaging missions. It's also different that the Traitors remain the same throughout the game unless they decide to recruit one :)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Jan 2024, 12:24

Traitors is back on tonight! We are at the halfway mark of the series my god it's gone fast. As it stands we have 3 Traitors remaining. Out of the three episodes last week episode 4 and 6 were for sure interesting and tense to watch, 5 was easily forgettable. Episode 4 brought in an interesting concept to put 4 people in the dungeon and murder one at the end of the day. Last episode on Friday saw the return of the murdering in plain sight which was what they did last season. Last time they made a big deal out of it, a dinner party was held and the murder was carried out then. Here I'm some what disappointed it's just after the banishment it's felt rushed for sure. We don't know who has been murdered from that night yet we get to find out tonight! (17th)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Jan 2024, 12:11

Oh lordy this week of episodes have been quite something!!! Probably the most exciting week yet! :dance: It's going to be incredibly hard keeping it spoiler free so if anyone has seen it just feel free to share thoughts or even predictions for the end game (I reckon it will be close but I think the traitors will just about pip the faithfuls at the post. I think one will make it to the end)

Lauren
VG mod