Fitness tracking Watches without Fitbit Premium account

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Jan 2024, 13:05

Above.

I just had to cancel my Fitbit Premium trial which would've expired next week anyway, and then cost me £80 a year which I can't really afford.

Would there be a similar service/device that's either stupidly cheap or even free?

I am aware of Google.

Following my Googling, I've found this, however, my phone is a Google Pixel 7, so would it be compatible with a Samsung Watch? I know it all runs on Android.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 01 Jan 2024, 16:27

I see from another thread that you are thinking about getting a Smart watch, so I question the need for a separate fitness device.

My wife's smart watch counts her steps, measures heart rate etc. It cost her £20 from Amazon (it was on sale, down from £40), and is compatible with any android phone.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Jan 2024, 17:07

Ojisama wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 16:27
I see from another thread that you are thinking about getting a Smart watch, so I question the need for a separate fitness device.

My wife's smart watch counts her steps, measures heart rate etc. It cost her £20 from Amazon (it was on sale, down from £40), and is compatible with any android phone.

Can you send me a link to the exact one please? My PM inbox is always open :D
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)