Has anyone had a Samsung Galaxy Watch or a Google Pixel Watch?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Dec 2023, 13:22

Above.

I'm after a new "Smart" Watch due to problems with my current Fitbit Versa Charge 4, I was in the O2 shop in Town last week, they have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 for £15 a month, although following my Googling, it appears the Samsung Galaxy Watch Pro 5 fares better in reviews and has a better Battery life etc.

However, my current phone's a Google Pixel 7, so I'm drawn to the same brand Watch, can anyone advise which is the best one to get on price/user friendliness etc?

I am aware of Google.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 31 Dec 2023, 17:27

I have a Galaxy Watch 4, but then also have a S23

I've had no issues with using it, but I do recommend power saving mode if you're planning on having the screen on all the time

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Dec 2023, 17:57

UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 17:27
I have a Galaxy Watch 4, but then also have a S23

I've had no issues with using it, but I do recommend power saving mode if you're planning on having the screen on all the time

Would a Samsung Watch work with a different brand phone though? I know it's all Android.

I'm just concerned about compatibility issues?
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 31 Dec 2023, 21:14

I had a huawei watch and a Samsung phone and they worked fine. I would ask as I don't really do Google Pixels what android version are you on? I know Samsung watches can be petty depending on which one you.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Dec 2023, 21:20

LikkleClaus wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 21:14
I had a huawei watch and a Samsung phone and they worked fine. I would ask as I don't really do Google Pixels what android version are you on? I know Samsung watches can be petty depending on which one you.

Latest version as of an update towards the end of last week.