eBay seller issue again!

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

eBay seller issue again!

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Dec 2023, 14:31

So I've been in contact several times with the American seller on eBay for that Robocop suit I bought last month, which was ordered 4 weeks yesterday ago and there's NO sign of it even being dispatched yet.

No response at all from the seller, should I report him/her/it?

I've just requested the money back, all of about £84, but it's unlikely they'll play ball, should i get legal on them?

I am aware of Google.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

eBay seller issue again!

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Jan 2024, 17:22

So I requested the money back and eBay have stepped in, if he/she/it doesn't respond by close of play on Wednesday (and it's unlikely they will), eBay will force them to give me the money back.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

eBay seller issue again!

Post by Ojisama » 01 Jan 2024, 22:37

Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 17:22
So I requested the money back and eBay have stepped in, if he/she/it doesn't respond by close of play on Wednesday (and it's unlikely they will), eBay will force them to give me the money back.

Result...as long as it happens.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

eBay seller issue again!

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Jan 2024, 13:40

Ojisama wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 22:37
Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 17:22

Result...as long as it happens.

It happened this morning, the seller didn't respond so eBay has given me the money back.

And may take action against the seller.

And this has taught me 2 things.

1) International sellers shouldn't sell on eBay UK
2) Always check any potential buyer/seller's feedback, if they have a LOT of negatives, don't buy off them or sell to them.