Does anyone know anywhere in Sheffield, England that would repair the strap on my Fitbit?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Does anyone know anywhere in Sheffield, England that would repair the strap on my Fitbit?

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 10 Nov 2023, 08:00

Above.

I took it to Timpson's on Tuesday, they don't do watch straps, the bloke told me to go to "Watch Hospital" in Meadowhall, apparently it's closed indefinitely.

I have used Google, but I am struggling to find anywhere else local that could fix it without charging a King's ransom!

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 10 Nov 2023, 23:01

Again?

Have you tried a second hand spare strap from CEX or EBay?
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Nov 2023, 01:33

Wouldn't like those tech shops you find on highstreets do them? I don't know anywhere specific to Sheffield as I'm down south
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Nov 2023, 07:29

Ojisama wrote:
10 Nov 2023, 23:01
Again?

I will never shop in CEX again after yesterday, they are staffed by morons.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 12 Nov 2023, 17:51

Ojisama wrote:
10 Nov 2023, 23:01
Again?

I bought one for about £4.50 on eBay this morning, to be delivered between Wednesday or Thursday.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 14 Nov 2023, 19:44

What kind of fitbit is it? What do the strap connectors look like. If they're like the standard wristwatch, you can use anything that holds. I fixed mine with 2 hairbands/hair ties/them loopy things for long hair

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 14 Nov 2023, 23:05

Beerkeg wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 19:44
What kind of fitbit is it? What do the strap connectors look like. If they're like the standard wristwatch, you can use anything that holds. I fixed mine with 2 hairbands/hair ties/them loopy things for long hair

Now that's my way of fixing things as well.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Nov 2023, 09:25

Beerkeg wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 19:44

Fitbit Charge 5.

I was in Timpson's last week (they allegedly fix watches), the guy said he couldn't do it and told me to go to the "Watch Hospital" in Meadowhall (which according to their website is shut indefinitely!)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 15 Nov 2023, 20:13

richardallen1976 wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 09:25
I was in Timpson's last week (they allegedly fix watches), the guy said he couldn't do it and told me to go to the "Watch Hospital" in Meadowhall (which according to their website is shut indefinitely!)

Watch Hospital went a while ago. It a plushie shop now.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 16 Nov 2023, 13:36

So from what I could find, looks like the connector bit is quite similar to standard watches so you could probably just make a jank brand yourself.
Other than that your best bet is to probably buy a proper strap, none of those flimsy rubber things that break easily. Either a fabric one or a metal one. I'm seeing loads to choose from on amazon.