Black Friday - 24th November 2023

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Nov 2023, 20:04

As it happens every year towards the end of November (and has done in the UK since 2010), Black Friday is happening on 24.11.23 this year.

It was originally an American thing according to Wikipedia

It's the day where almost everything is stupidly cheap, so crazy people spend crazy money online and in shops buying stuff they probably don't even want purely because it's so cheap.

Mad innit?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 07 Nov 2023, 07:03

It used to be worse in the Netherlands; concerns would first subtly increase their prices in the period leading up to Black Friday, only to come up with "impressive offers" on the day (currently even days) itself. I believe the government intervened at some point, not sure how it'll be this time.
I'll see if there are some things I need at the time, and if the price is right, then fair enough. :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Nov 2023, 01:37

black friday is good for me as I get most of my christmas presents for people online during that day at a good price :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~