O2 customer services = Fail

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 16 Oct 2023, 16:10

Above.

I just came off live chat on the O2 website with some guy called Satyam, he's told me that tomorrow, they'll call me from the insurance team re my claim despite my request to do it over email/live chat/whatsapp due to non UK call centres not understanding my strong local accent.

This is an ongoing problem with the majority of major service providers, I can vaguely translate the Scottish accents at Sky.

Is there anything I can do?

I am aware of Google and the O2 website.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Oct 2023, 10:00

I had a fairly LONG conversation with their call centre last Saturday, they eventually told me it's a warranty issue and not an insurance one as there's nothing physically wrong with the phone itself.

However, I called in the shop yesterday while I was in Town for an event, they won't do anything because there's nothing wrong with the actual phone except the network is not fit for purpose IMO.

I'd ditch O2 for EE if I could, but I'm still paying off my phone and it ain't cheap.

The only reason I left EE a few years ago was because they didn't have the phone I wanted when it was upgrade time.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Oct 2023, 16:50

richardallen1976 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 10:00
I had a fairly LONG conversation with their call centre last Saturday, they eventually told me it's a warranty issue and not an insurance one as there's nothing physically wrong with the phone itself.

However, I called in the shop yesterday while I was in Town for an event, they won't do anything because there's nothing wrong with the actual phone except the network is not fit for purpose IMO.

I'd ditch O2 for EE if I could, but I'm still paying off my phone and it ain't cheap.

The only reason I left EE a few years ago was because they didn't have the phone I wanted when it was upgrade time.

Oooo Richard be careful, I just saw a Tik Tok about O2 scams. There is one going around where they are saying someone else has tried to upgrade your phone and they try and confirm if it was you. I know it's not got much to do with this but I saw the video, remembered you had this thread and I thought it might be something to be aware of. I can confirm that there are O2 scams calls going around I think I got a call which I didn't answer but the number claimed it was O2 and I'm not even with O2

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Oct 2023, 16:59

LilMissWerebear wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 16:50
richardallen1976 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 10:00

Oooo Richard be careful, I just saw a Tik Tok about O2 scams. There is one going around where they are saying someone else has tried to upgrade your phone and they try and confirm if it was you. I know it's not got much to do with this but I saw the video, remembered you had this thread and I thought it might be something to be aware of. I can confirm that there are O2 scams calls going around I think I got a call which I didn't answer but the number claimed it was O2 and I'm not even with O2

I've been with them on and off since 2009.

Only reason I signed up again last year was because I had to cancel GiffGaff due to being banned on their forum (the Mods are bunch of idiots)