Has anyone dealt with FedEx UK?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Sep 2023, 11:26

2 weeks yesterday ago, I took a Fitbit Versa 4 fitness tracker watch to them, to send back to North America for repair under warranty, they said it'd be 5 to 10 working days for it to be sent and come back, however there was a ton of problems sending it, I used Google on my phone to find out where the place was, booked an Uber to get there, and they wouldn't take it at first as I didn't have a box for the item!

By this point I was fuming and was literally like, WTF?!

Anyway, just over 2 weeks later, there's no sign of the watch coming back or if it's even gone in the first place because they did not give me a tracking number.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried to contact FedEx UK after Googling the number, but as I don't have the required tracking number they won't do anything.

As mentioned, I have Googled the issue and FedEx can't or won't help me.

Anyone able to help?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 30 Sep 2023, 15:14

So did you ask for, or get given, a receipt when you handed it over? With a receipt you have proof of a duty of care from the shipper (in this case FedEx), and from the receipt, their records should link to the tracking number. What about a confirmation e-mail?
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Sep 2023, 15:45

Ojisama wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 15:14
So did you ask for, or get given, a receipt when you handed it over? With a receipt you have proof of a duty of care from the shipper (in this case FedEx), and from the receipt, their records should link to the tracking number. What about a confirmation e-mail?

None of the above, as mentioned there were problems getting them to even accept it.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 30 Sep 2023, 15:55

What? So you just went to some FexEx office, gave some dude your watch and left? Didn't pay anything, didn't get a receipt, didn't contact Fitbit for a reference number by which you'd even send it to them? Nothing? Just trying to understand what happened...

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Sep 2023, 16:15

Beerkeg wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 15:55
What? So you just went to some FexEx office, gave some dude your watch and left? Didn't pay anything, didn't get a receipt, didn't contact Fitbit for a reference number by which you'd even send it to them? Nothing? Just trying to understand what happened...

No, the Fitbit company sent me a free FedEx return label.

Which I printed out and gave them.

I've spent most of the last 2 weeks trying to contact them, but because I don't have the tracking number (they did not give one), they won't talk to me.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 30 Sep 2023, 16:22

The return label would have some info on it wouldn't it? Something to identify who the package is coming from? Have you asked Fitbit if they have any info on it? They should have your info so they'd know how to get it back to you. Maybe they can track it down for you. If not then I dunno... print another copy of the return label and go back to the same office you sent it from?

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Sep 2023, 16:38

Beerkeg wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 16:22
The return label would have some info on it wouldn't it? Something to identify who the package is coming from? Have you asked Fitbit if they have any info on it? They should have your info so they'd know how to get it back to you. Maybe they can track it down for you. If not then I dunno... print another copy of the return label and go back to the same office you sent it from?

That's my plan for some time next week, possibly Tuesday if the guy who's scheduled to come from the support company turns up! His Mum was taken ill last night and is in Hospital apparently.

Also, I've just been in contact with Fitbit via the community forum on their website, no response yet due to the US/GMT time difference.

FROM: (877) 623-4997 TRK# REF: 50781680 PO: INV: DEPT: SAN FRANCISCO CA 94105 CAD: 256984776/WSXI3700 (877) 623-4997 Calexico CA 92231 1784 Pan American St. STE.

I couldn't upload the label itself as it's a PDF, but here's what it said.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 30 Sep 2023, 17:18

Just a guess, but maybe TRK# REF: 50781680 is the tracking number?

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Sep 2023, 17:23

Ojisama wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 17:18
Just a guess, but maybe TRK# REF: 50781680 is the tracking number?

I'll have a look.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Sep 2023, 17:32

Hmm, so apparently, having searched the email archives, there is a tracking number for it, and having checked the tracking number on the FedEx website it's "in transit" and might come back next week.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 30 Sep 2023, 17:34

Excellent.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Oct 2023, 16:02

I checked the number again this morning.

Still "in transit" (damn you US Postal service)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 03 Oct 2023, 21:52

Since it's probably going by sea, it will take a while.

ScarletMarisa375
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ScarletMarisa375 » 04 Oct 2023, 04:25

They should've gave you SOMETHING that was related to what you were sending back, and them not giving you a Tracking Number? Now that's just weird
I'm Super ScarletMarisa375

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 09 Oct 2023, 13:11

ScarletMarisa375 wrote:
04 Oct 2023, 04:25
They should've gave you SOMETHING that was related to what you were sending back, and them not giving you a Tracking Number? Now that's just weird

Read the post, I said I found the tracking number and have been checking it every day for the last 2 and half weeks, it keeps saying it's "in transit"