Saw X is released in cinemas 29th September!

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 28 Sep 2023, 08:16

I'm not sure if anyone here is a fan of the Saw franchise but considering the last Saw film wasn't my favorite I'm so excited about this one!! This film takes place between Saw and Saw 2 if we are talking timeline wise and it is John Kramer's (Jigsaw) most personal test yet! Kramer is seeking cancer treatment and he does not have a lot of time left. After flying to New Mexico for his last ditch attempt to get his tumour removed he finds out that it's all a scam! And everyone involved is going to get their own back.

Is anyone else going to watch this?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Sep 2023, 11:30

I'm not that big on horror films to be honest, I can remember a few years back we went down to Cineworld to see the Chucky remake, it was that scary I literally had a nightmare that night about an evil doll coming to get me.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 29 Sep 2023, 20:48

Let's goooooo I'm going off to see the late night screening I've been told it's pretty damn gruesome I'm so excited :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Oct 2023, 09:56

Its been a few days now since I went to see the film and oh my god it was a lot to take in (in the best way possible!)

here are my initial reactions:

- the traps, as a collective, were probably the best lineup of traps that I have seen in a while. I wouldnt say there was one bad trap or a trap that "carried" the whole film like what has happened in the past saw films
- its probably the most intense saw film ive seen yet
- the story actually makes sense!! In some of the past saw films the premise behind the whole film and even behind the victims behind the traps just wouldnt make sense sometimes. There have been a lot of occasions where victims felt random to me but here there is a very clear link between the victims and just why they are there. It finally felt like these were deserving traps for once, not just the ones that were made for revenge and highly destined to kill like what Hoffman did in later films
-holy shit and the acting was actually good thank you for not just giving us one super well known actor to carry the whole story (*cough* Spiral *cough*) there wasnt one bad performance in here at all and it all felt genuine, not rushed or anything like that just *chefs kiss*

I so recommend this guys! :dance:

Lauren
VG mod