Sheffiled Anime & Gaming Con Stories, Photos & Feedback Topic

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 17 Sep 2023, 13:44

We'd like to thank all of you for attending Sheffield Anime & Gaming Con!

We look forward to seeing you all at the next year which will be up very shortly and taking place on the 14-15 September! In the meantime, why not check out our biggest Northern based event, which will be Manchester Anime & Gaming Con on the 6-7 April. You can get tickets now at www.manchesteranimecon.com

A big thank you to all the community for being so supportive of each and the crew, guests and others helping out.

Got any stories, photos or feedback? Put them in this topic :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Sep 2023, 14:06

See my photos in the cosplay section.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 18 Sep 2023, 19:55

Sorry I couldn't make it this year.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Sep 2023, 18:36

As much as I'd like to pop over the Snake to Manchester, logistically it'd be a nightmare, that and it'd cost me a small fortune in return Train fares plus event tickets and food/drink.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Servo
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by Servo » 20 Sep 2023, 03:25

I wish I could attend one of these someday I'm future however it seems impossible living far away

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Sep 2023, 07:17

Here's a quick feedback from this year's Sheffield event.

Last year I just did the Sunday morning, however this time I did both days, and last year's event was definitely better IMO, like I booked for the talent contest on Sunday at 11 AM, as we were leaving on Saturday tea time, we had a problem with Taxis on Sunday morning (which for some annoying reason, is rather common) and didn't get there till just gone 11, by which time the contest had already started and they wouldn't let me join in.

I know I wouldn't have won but that's beside the flippin' point! I signed up on Saturday and the guy denied all knowledge of it when I arrived on Sunday.