Where were you when the world stopped turning? That September day?!

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Sep 2023, 06:14

Today is the 22nd anniversary of 9/11, when the Twin Towers in New York, USA got blown up in a Terrorist attack and a LOT of people died!

It was an event that shocked the World!

My Brother and my sister in law were actually in New York at the time, but thankfully they're still with us (it's their 17th Anniversary on Saturday)

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 11 Sep 2023, 15:49

In my room watching TV.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 11 Sep 2023, 21:37

I was at work.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 12 Sep 2023, 06:47

No idea, probably playing with something somewhere or at school, not paying attention. I didn't even hear about it until years later. I'm sure it was on the news but I didn't really have a reason to care about some building getting bumped by some plane somewhere on the other side of the world...

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 14 Sep 2023, 05:47

My Grandads birthday was Sept 11th, I think we were all celebrating that eating a meal at home, and then afterwards went to all chill out in the lounge and turned the TV on, vaguely remember seeing it on the TV.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by djd001 » 16 Sep 2023, 21:31

I was in photography class at around 14:00 (started at 13:30 ), I felt my phone buzz in my pocket whilst in the dark room. I came out and looked and rang my then partner. She was shouting down the phone at me had I seen what was happening. America was under attack, I went up to the TV and plugged the Arial in and turned the TV on, tuned it to the first station I could.
And was met with the sight of flight 175 slamming into tower 2.
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return